Book of Law Study Group 1.23

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
To me "chief of all" suggests the point within the circle. The chief is the central point. The all is the surrounding circle. And that gives us the glyph of the Sun - HGA.

Okay, wow. Some good points here. But this one has just clicked something on some level and I'm going to stick with it and let it really sink in.

Funny how that works. :angel:

AW

Beira

I get that the verse means that when one succeeds in making no differences and get to know Nuit, then he is to be made chief of all.
But.. if you make no difference between things, then how do you bother to fulfill your role of Chief?
Personally, when I try and succeed to make no difference between things, the conclusion is that I don't act upon them (usually I start taking care of other things). I have been thinking a lot of this of late. (and made to think by my mum, who has an uni degree in philosophy and gets mad at me when I mention her this part of my path and labels me selfish cause I look for a private Nirvana without thinking of my fellow men)
Effectively my understanding of this path is that it brings to a passive attitude if brought to its end.
I dont consider myself passive, but having not tought deeply about the matter yet, I was semiconsciously "blaming" my not being passive (enough) on my imperfections and inability fo follow the path in its entirety.
But now that I (am made) think of it, this Nirvana doesn't satisfy my. I don't settle on mere absence of sorrow: I demand joy.
And possibly not only for myself, but for the better good of all living creatures (I don't like the way humans behave and I can't help to feel contempt for us and shame of being human, but this is another aspect of the problem..)
So: how can one concile between making no difference between things, and getting called to be a chief, should he/she succeed? If one is not to make difference between things, how can he/she fulfill the role of Chief (who would be to decide what is right and wrong, thus implying a differentiation)? How indeed being the Chief of all is different from not being it?
In the confusion I sense that the solution must be in somehow making the crossing of the Abyss, experience the Supernal, but then come back in the microcosmos taking with you that experience.
But to cross the abyss is to leave behind every little piece of the Ego, and nothing is allowed to remain. So how could one get back in the microcosm AFTER the experience of the crossing? Why would one bother?
I am going to bury myself in the commentaries and see if I can make my mind around it or if I must leave it at that for now.
I think this book tells you different things at different times you read it, so maybe it's just not my time to get to understand this.
Any help appreciated, as usual!