Mirror Of The Soul 3 Magus?!

gregory

Far and away not the best book on the deck, though.

Thoughtful

l often wondered what the other Magus cards were like, now l know. Thank goodness they chose the one they did, its so much nicer.

MizGrace are you looking for a book to go with your Thoth deck? If you are l would recommend Lon Milo DuQuette's Understanding Aleister Crowleys Thoth Tarot. l started with this book and found it very informative.

Barleywine

I believe Stuart Kaplan wrote somewhere that the deck was never intended to be read with all three Magus cards in it. The extras were just a bonus to show what might have been (but thankfully wasn't).

MizGrace

Yes looking For book too, thoughtful its nice to see the other magus cards, agreed they chose the right card. Yet the other magus looks like a mirror image. I will note books down.the magus is dark on this deck all cards are intact. I wonder if you could read someone with just the 3 magus somehow?

ravenest

Your deck is "normal" except that it contains two extra Magus cards which were rejected by Crowley. Finally Harris painted one which was deemed satisfactory. Remove the extra Magus cards and you have a "normal" deck. The only "legitimate" Magus is this one:

Seriously .... I thought I was going to open that link and see your Micky Mouse avatar :D

..... 'legitimate Magus , hmmmm .

Zephyros

I believe Stuart Kaplan wrote somewhere that the deck was never intended to be read with all three Magus cards in it. The extras were just a bonus to show what might have been (but thankfully wasn't).

The less romantic reason I know is that printing sheets generally produce eighty cards and the two extra cards were put there to fill the quota. But I like your reason better. :)

ravenest

I just looked at the pic on p1 f the three together .

Yikes ! yeah ... 'legitimate' . I'll accept that :D

Rest assured MizGrace, you do have a 'legitimate Toth deck' - welcome to the club .... I mean Thoth deck :)

ravenest

The less romantic reason I know is that printing sheets generally produce eighty cards and the two extra cards were put there to fill the quota. But I like your reason better. :)

My dear Zephyros , the 3 magus cards were obviously put in that version of the deck as a secret coded Illuminati message. They represent the 3 masters of a Thelemic rite that is so secret that I am the only one that knows about it.

All other non-initiates should remove them from their deck immediately and NOT read with them ... or ... mark my words ... dire consequences shall be revealed !

Zephyros

I just looked at the pic on p1 f the three together .

Yikes ! yeah ... 'legitimate' . I'll accept that :D

Rest assured MizGrace, you do have a 'legitimate Toth deck' - welcome to the club .... I mean Thoth deck :)

I kind of like the two alternates, though, especially the brown Kali one with all the hands. Each is wildly different, yet gives another glimpse of the Magus. But the "official" one I like because he looks somehow more "British." He looks like a Victory angel statue, somehow Victorian or British Empire architecture, but in a good way.

http://www.google.co.il/search?q=an..._unNAhXEzxQKHY1jCL8Q_AUIBygB&biw=1280&bih=800

ETA: Posted wrong link before, fixed now

Zephyros

My dear Zephyros , the 3 magus cards were obviously put in that version of the deck as a secret coded Illuminati message. They represent the 3 masters of a Thelemic rite that is so secret that I am the only one that knows about it.

All other non-initiates should remove them from their deck immediately and NOT read with them ... or ... mark my words ... dire consequences shall be revealed !

Shhhh. I guess you missed the last World Conspiracy memo, we're not supposed to let anyone know!