Possibly the Worst Book Ever

gregory

Welcome Mark! Despite the screen name, gregory is a she.
Da granny from HELL, she is ! (no worries; it happens all the time ! My missing cat has a lot to answer for !)

Mark Lewis

How embarrassing! I do apologise. That shows how psychic I am!

gregory

How embarrassing! I do apologise. That shows how psychic I am!
I truly don't care. You are VERY much not the first, and the only time I get mildly peeved is when people repeatedly ask me for a male POV on their readings.... :D Once is OK, but the same people asking several times shows - I dunno - a lack of grace. Gregory is in my avatar, is (was :() MUCH better looking than I am, and I am proud to use his name.

tarotbear

Another thing is that I am still on friendly terms with the original publisher whom I met recently after a few years. He told me he was no longer selling my material although I think he may still have the original stuff in his machines. I told him that if he was no longer selling it perhaps he could remove the advertising of the book. He then told me that he had sold the rights to the material to someone else. Because I have been on good terms with him I have not had any desire to write reviews on the book. However, now that he has sold the material to someone else whom I have no relationship with I may well consider following the advice here on the matter.
In all fairness to the original publisher - you should tell him what is happening and what you are about to do so that he understands it has nothing to do with him - your problem is with the current holder /abuser of the rights. I doubt he would object...and perhaps he will think twice about to whom he sells stuff to.

Midnite

Hi Mark,

As the OP, I would like to sincerely apologise if I have offended you. It is clear that you have been wronged and taken advantage of. I would seriously think about taking this further because this probably won't be the last time you receive this criticism. Your reputation is at stake and I somehow don't believe this book will disappear over time.

Lindsay

3ill.yazi

My daughter would say: awkward. Lol

Mark Lewis

Oh, Lindsay, I am not in the slightest bit offended! I can quite see how you came to the conclusions you did. With regard to the original publisher I think it was he who came up with the outlandish advertising copy on Goodreads! He was certainly the one with the bad spelling in the book. The spelling dramatically improves once the meanings of the cards are explained because I was the one who wrote those for his machines! I shall have to check the spelling on the Goodreads advertising. If it is bad then it must be the original publisher!

The new guy who owns it now is entirely innocent but I may put my own reviews anyway to protect my reputation. I don't care if people buy the book but I want them to know what it contains before they do. I don't really know how to contact the original publisher anyway. I just saw him recently at a psychic fair with one of his machines. I don't think he'll care what I do since it is not his problem any more.

I don't think the book sells that well anyway so I do suspect it will fade in time. I don't really want to make a big deal of this. I just wanted to clarify the exact circumstances when I came across this thread.

tarotbear

I can't believe neither publisher ever proofread the book before publication - you deserve to save your reputation at all costs by distancing yourself from it by panning it. You are not collecting any royalty from it. Although - as you said - one bad review might push it's sales up!

Mark Lewis

Oh, I probably will pan it. It is a judgement call after all.

Metafizzypop

@ Mark Lewis.........Wow, this is incredible! There we were, talking about "your" book, and then all of a sudden you appear. How did you knew we were talking about you? This just goes to show what amazing psychic powers you have. It truly is astonishing. :)