Death, Three of Swords, and Pregnancy

Lioness79

so how did the pregnancy go

WalesWoman

Good question Lioness79, since it made me look at the date. My answer would have been that Death & 3 Swords meant that her period came as a huge disappointment and there was no pregnancy.

SunChariot

I've seen that Death can mean a pregnancy, and that the three of swords can mean a miscarriage, so does the two cards together with Death being the first card mean a pregnancy then soon after a miscarriage?

I don't believe anyone can tell you that a card means this definiitely. We all have and develop our own spins on the cards as we learn so what something means or not varies somewhat from person to person. None of the cards you mentiioned have any of those meanings personally for me. That is not to say there is a right or wrong to it. Just that they may mean that to someone but not to me.

I have personally never heard of Death being pregnancy before. That's a new one on me. To me it means something is ending to make room for something better that is meant to come into your life. While in theory, that COULD mean that the part of your life when yoy are childless is ending to make room for something better, namely parenthood. That's quite a big stretch for me, using my meaning. I wouldn't just presume pregnancy if I saw that card as it could mean hundreds of other things just as easily. Unless of course I felt it means that through my intuition.

My card that would mean pregnancy is The Empress, That is the card that would have that meaning for me,

The 3 of Swords would have nothing at all to do with a miscarriage the way I read. My meaning is so far from that that there is no way it could mean that. For me the 3 of Swords is talking about having caring, empathetic, warm, nurturing thoughts about someone. Of course we all read differently, but there is no way I could get miscarriage from that.

But IF those cards had those meanings for me. Death alone could refer to a miscarriage (the things that ends) to make room for the better thing (the pregnancy that was meant to "take") so in theory the 3 of Swords redundant it seems to me. As you could get the same message just from the one card, without the 3 of Swords showing up at all.

Those are my thoughts,

Also , just thinking, like if I saw that (a miscarriage followed by a healthy pregnancy) I don't think I would even use the word miscarriage to a pregnant mother even if I saw it. You can only imagine how that would feel and there is always the chance we might be wrong at times. Imagine putting someone through that and if you were wrong.

I think the most I would say is that things may not go exactly as planned. But no matter what things WILL work out for the best in the end. The cards are showing that strongly.

Babs

SunChariot

I wouldn't be making any predictions like that. I'd be strongly suggeesting that, especially if they feel any unusual sensations of have any anxieties, they should be following their doctor's advice to the letter, and requesting scans.

I am completely with Nisaba on this one.