the secrets within the deck

Teheuti

t.town.troy said:
He (Case) also explains a lot of the symbols in the major arcana (roses-desire, lilies-knowledge, etc.), in his book "The Tarot, A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages".
Excellent suggestion. This book is a great place to start the study of the symbols in the RWS Major Arcana.

Amazon

I totally agree starchild. The symbology & hidden meanings in the deck are what excites me most. I have spent hours & hours researching these as I feel they give even more depth & a different understanding to the cards.

I have a very inquisitive class atm that are thirsty for knowledge of the Major Arcana (the reason I have returned & intend to stay with this fabulous Forum) They are making me work hard & have re-ignited in me a Love Affair with the Major Arcana.

As for as the Queen of Cups.... I believe she is holding & staring intently at an Urn containing the ashes of her loved one. I have made a kind of story working through the Queens & you will notice The Queen of Swords wears a Mourning Bracelet on her left hand, made from the hair of her loved one that has passed (one of the Kings?). It was a regular practice in Victorian times.

She also represents the widowed woman so I feel this fits well with who she is & what she has been through in her life. She has suffered loss & her life has been coloured accordingly.

Amazon

mary ventura

starchild said:
the queen of cups, if what she is holding in her hand is what the catholics have as a sacred vessle in churches (the name is on the tip of my tongue) if it is that, and ive seen one myself and they are very much alike, then this (cup) would have only ever been held by a male, never a women.
It's called the Tabernacle, and it holds the reserved consecrated host. In the TdM, the Ace of Cups shows a more ornate vessle, which (to me) looks even more like a tabernacle.

Mary V