Wow. Just wow.

Briar Rose

Monroe Township is a very wealthy area(where deck is being sold from). Mini mansions everywhere!

starlightexp

My Pam A is in real good shape and I love it soooo much I'll be buried with it.

Laura Borealis

First of all, is it really "C"? I want to see larger images.
Agreed. The only photo of the actual cards is blurry, too. If I were in a position to bid on it, I'd want much better pics.

Le Fanu

My Pam A is in real good shape and I love it soooo much I'll be buried with it.
I'd hate the idea of it ending with me. Just as I ponder who had my deck before me, where it lived, what stories it has to tell, I'd like that to carry on into the future.

(I always have silly visions of Pixie and Arthur visiting the printers and seeing all the batches stocked up ready to sell and them coming within a few metres of my deck :D )

I hope I have the time and the energy at the end to find another loving owner for mine! I'd give it away. But sadly, life isn't always so tidy.

gregory

I just asked for clear close-up scans. We shall see. But I think it is for real....

Le Fanu

Somebody, remind me again of the difference between a Pamela C and the others.

*hoping nobody directs me to a long, rambling conclusion-less thread*

Ivy Rhiannon

I clearly don't have a collector's mentality. I would never even consider paying this kind of money for a deck. Any deck. I know its a part of history, but let the historians and the museum curators have it. Even if I did have that kind of money laying around doing nothing, I'd rather go on a dive vacation or put the money down on a new car. Or for that amount of money, buy a hundred other tarot decks! lol

Me either gryffinsong! Imagine all the decks you could buy for that money!

Bhavana

Oh, if that kind of money wasn't that much for me, I'd buy it - or at least make an offer. It would be like owning a piece of tarot history. And Le Fanu, have you thought about donating your deck to a museum when the time comes?

I am not that old, but one never knows - I have a lot of family jewelry and heirlooms, and I have a list of them and what they are, where they came from, and who I would like to have them among my nieces. I also have my decks listed, and have written down all of their current values. I have nothing all that valuable, but they may be more so in 30 or 40 years, so at least someone in my family can sell them to a collector....unless I meet another younger collector in my old age that I want to give them to. Frankly, I worry more about what will happen to my animals after I die.

moonbear

Anyone else having no luck viewing the ebay item? When I click on the link up comes an ebay info that states they have to block certain items to certain countries. I've come across this with WWII memorablia but never tarot!