Giant Rider-Waite Made in China

Freddie

Hi all,

Could someone who has a made in China US Games 'Giant Rider-waite' please put some scans on here? I have read here that the China version is amazing, but I have yet to see any of the images.

Can anyone confirm the exact size of this deck and it is listed from 6.5 inches to almost 8 inches?

Thanks,

Freddie

gregory

I have a giant RWS. I will go and examine it. AFTER the Archers :D

OK. Mine was actually printed in Belgium, but it is nice quality. Still - no scans then, unless you have a great need, as it isn't a Chinese printing. But I imagine the size is the same - which is to say a fraction under 7 inches tall, by 4 wide.

It will have come out under USG though, so I guess it is the same basic deck. This one but printed in China. Mine is lovely.

rwcarter

No scans, but a detailed discussion of the different versions of the Giant Rider Waite can be found here.

Freddie

Looks like 'China' edition comes in this box. Acoording to US Games they don't have any 'China' versions left.

Freddie

Attachments

• TC037A.jpg
    TC037A.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 333
  • TC037B.jpg
    TC037B.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 317

Le Fanu

Have you bought it Freddie? Does it have the calligraphy titles? (I seem to remember one thread said yes)

Why have they stopped making it in China? Odd that they have run out already.

Freddie

Hi Le Fanu,

I still cannot locate a copy from China or Belgium for that matter. I am not sure what the deal with this deck is. Anyone that has a China edition care to provide some scans? Pretty please with sugar on top.

The lettering on the box front and back looks correct. The 'E' in Hierophant is a dead giveaway as the middle line isn't as long as the type font added much later. Looks like Pam C. Smith script to me, but I may be mistaken about this.

Freddie

Le Fanu

Beware; the market is flooded with editions that have lovely calligraphy on the box but the shrink-wrapped deck inside is with those awful typeface titles.

I have an older Printed in Belgium edition which I got here in trading (plus one of the typeface ones which I bought because of the box which also said Printed in Belgium but the deck wasn't :()

Best thing to do is just get an older copy. Or a Printed in China one if you find one in a bookshop and can take it out of the box and look on the deck to check the uppermost card isn't Printed in Italy.

rwcarter

I still cannot locate a copy from China or Belgium for that matter. I am not sure what the deal with this deck is. Anyone that has a China edition care to provide some scans? Pretty please with sugar on top.

I'll do comparison scans of 3 cards (since they're so large), but likely not til Wed or Sat. So name the 3 cards you'd most like to see. :)

And Le Fanu is correct. Just because the box says Belgium, the deck inside may be printed in Italy. I have one of the latter and it took me awhile to get one of the Belgium decks in a Belgium box.

rwcarter

Freddie,

I'm pretty sure the box in the eBay auction is the same one from your TC037A attachment, which makes it a printed in China version. The Sun on the printed in Belgium version takes up a lot more of the box space. If I have time tonight, I'll try to scan all three boxed next to one another.

Did you figure out which 3 cards you'd like to see comparison scans of?