Giant Rider-Waite Made in China

gregory

Indeed you are right Gregory it doesn't show up as well in the scan. I will just throw it in the bin lol...along with a Medieval Scapini deck as well, because it has his picture on it lol... I will buy the Giant in a different printing and maybe a back up Belgium Hudes and I'm done with them after that. Good grief this Giant Italy deck even has computer paint touch up lines on 'The Tower' card..total garbage. Treasure your Belgium edition.

Lo Scarabeo are sweethearts to deal with and they sent me a replacement card for free when I lost one from 'Tarot of the Angels', I will buy my future decks from them or other publishers.

Freddie
Don't bin them ! a) there is the missing cards thread and b) there are the Frankendecks - contact Pathwalker, who is working with - ?emmsma? to create their own harlequin decks. And AJ does strange art projects where the cards end up very much changed, as do others here - and someone might like to have the Scapini...

Le Fanu

Oh dear, I can't see any streaks or squares. It looks like the bog-standard RWS to me.

gregory

Oh dear, I can't see any streaks or squares. It looks like the bog-standard RWS to me.

Leffy - save the image and put it into photoshop or something, then up the contrast a fraction, and they are horribly obvious :(

Freddie

Leffy - save the image and put it into photoshop or something, then up the contrast a fraction, and they are horribly obvious :(

Yes Gregory this is what it looks like in person. I gotta laugh though as there is no sense in my getting upset about it. I even sent him a scan of the reciept from early Feb. I should have did my homework on here, but even the seller thought it was from Belgium. The whole box comes sealed... lol... He says the deck is fine and says there are none from China, only a replacement from Italy. Oh well, I can buy another one later. He can keep his Italy decks lol...

Here is a scan of what it looks like.

Thanks Gregory

Attachments

• File2.jpg
    File2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 134

Le Fanu

Who said there are none from China? Stuart Kaplan? Surely not... If so, then I - and rodney - have a genuine rarity.

rwcarter

Who said there are none from China? Stuart Kaplan? Surely not... If so, then I - and rodney - have a genuine rarity.
I'm guessing he means "there are none from China left" not "there are none from China at all."

No comment about my Nov 28, 2010 reply Mr. Le Fanu? :p

Le Fanu

No comment about my Nov 28, 2010 reply Mr. Le Fanu? :p
Gosh, yes, sorry... I do remember reading it now in the original thread. My silence was embarassment at not remembering the fact. Now, rodney, don't you think it would be fascinating if the Printed in China copies were withdrawn or the contract ended and they didn't do any more etc etc and we had a rarity? Do you think that's the case? I just wonder how many giant RWS decks I need (I have three)

gregory

I shall go make contact with the only named person I have the email addy of, in USG (who is not Kaplan !) and report back. I think maybe I won't actually link to this thread...

Or maybe I will - what think y'all ? Holding off till I hear...

Emily

I'm not sure what they've done to my Italian printed Giant RWS but although the card stock feels normal, the laminate isn't. This deck was like a solid brick when I bought it a few years ago and no amount of shuffling, riffling or being heavy-handed with it breaks the hold that these cards have on each other.

I used talc on them about a year ago and that worked until the talc wore off. Its almost as though they are full of static, you can't fan them out or even shuffle them properly without them clumping together, to try and deal one you have to peel it off from the block first. I'd try fanning powder but I'd be worried that the cards would go back once the powder had worked itself off. I also keep it in a bag now because I couldn't get it back into the box without damaging the cards, didn't want to go in, didn't want to come out. LOL

I love to shuffle and this problem makes this deck unworkable for me.

rwcarter

Gosh, yes, sorry... I do remember reading it now in the original thread. My silence was embarassment at not remembering the fact. Now, rodney, don't you think it would be fascinating if the Printed in China copies were withdrawn or the contract ended and they didn't do any more etc etc and we had a rarity? Do you think that's the case? I just wonder how many giant RWS decks I need (I have three)
I have 4 Giant Rider Waites - 1 of each printing and 1 Italy print in a Belgium box. Yeah, it would be interesting if USG only did a very short run of the China printing and we have rare decks!

I shall go make contact with the only named person I have the email addy of, in USG (who is not Kaplan !) and report back. I think maybe I won't actually link to this thread...

Or maybe I will - what think y'all ? Holding off till I hear...
Why the hesitation? We haven't disparaged USG. If anything, I think we're showing there's a desire for the China printing and there's an obvious difference between the various printings. I don't see anything wrong with linking to this thread.

Rodney