Giant Rider Waite Versions

rwcarter

Right now I know of the following:
  • Belgium printing USG version
  • Italy printing USG version
  • China printing USG version
  • Konigsfurt version
Are there any others?

One plus to the Konigsfurt version is that the copyright is on the back of the cards. :D The coloring of the Konigsfurt version is also nothing like the coloring of any of the three USG printings. Comparison a few cards follows.

Fool - in the Konigsfurt verion, the whites are more gray, the blues are dustier, reds and oranges are darker and his tunic is a darker black although the stick he carries seems to be the same shade of black as on the USG versions. His tights are more of a brownish-green.

6 Wands - the sky in the K version is a very pale blue, the rider's skin tone looks a little more Caucasian, the horse's covering looks more like green leather, the ribbon atop the wreath is completely colored in unlike on any of the USG versions and his leggings and sleeves are not the brownish orange that they are in the USG versions.

2 Swords - the sky is definitely gray instead of blue, the woman's dress is a brownish gray and her shoes are definitely not yellow, although the moon still is yellow. (In the USG versions, the moon and shoes are the same color.) The water behind her is a greenish-aqua and there's definitely color-shading unlike in the USG versions. And PCS's signature is a fairly light black.

8 Cups - The sky is a very different color on each of the decks. Belgium USG is a greenish-blue, Italy USG is periwinkle (light purple/lavender), China USG is light blue and K is medium gray. The rocks to the left of the figure are a darker green in the K version and the ground he walks upon is a cross-hatched green. And the water again is a greenish aqua with shading.

7 Pentacles - The figure's leggings and shirt are green, the leaves within which the pentacles grow are a pretty uniform green, the ground is brown and the land in the background is green, and his tunic looks more leather-like in its tan coloring.

Rodney

KariRoad

Originally, a Majors only 22 card AGMueller (no bogus copyright).
Printed in Switzerland. Way way back those hippies were tripping.

rwcarter

Originally, a Majors only 22 card AGMueller (no bogus copyright).
Printed in Switzerland. Way way back those hippies were tripping.

Thanks KariRoad! I believe I saw that on eBay last year. It went for more than I was willing to pay for a Majors-only deck....

Cerulean

I have heard, not seen a large 22 major Albano Waite, majors only

and a big booklet was associated with it.