Traveling Faerie Deck ... Lets get this idea rolling!

Kahlie

Dear Jewel,

I also thought I would ask the Fae, but I was reluctant to get them out of their box! I was planning on doing some real hard work today - and they always tend to lure me into hour long debates on the necessity of doodling, crystal fumbling, silly children games and how to make the just clean house the bestest mess you've ever seen.

However, I thought why not... After all, if another pack of Fae is going to come trooping into this house - I might give the Fae already here advance warning. Maybe they want me to make pecan/espresso pie for the Party.

So I thought ok... let's just do this a few minutes before I make dinner... that way - I'm allowed to run and make food! After all - Wokking is a Fae meal, all the hussling and bussling and tossing of the food...

I asked: "Should I participate in the Traveling Faerie Deck Exchange?"

Honesty Reversed came out and stared and me with baleful eyes. On his head. "Be honest" he says... you want to work in this exchange, you just think you didn't do enough to qualify to be in it... you are always undervalueing yourself or afraid you might offend. *grumble*
How he always knows just the way to hit me. I swear he comes up sometimes just to tell me I have to drop being too polite... if I'd follow his lead I'd offend all my Chinese Family!

I also asked: "What would I contribute to the Traveling Faerie Deck Exchange?"
The Singer of Courage beamed out towards me. (Reminding me to continue my Chakra Healing Work - Thank you Fae...) I guess I'd be able to show people the creative and fun ways I use the Fae - if I'm couragous enough...

Not about to let those Fae outsmart me (yet again!)

I hereby Sign up!

Kahlie

P.S. sagitarian Thank you for your Post! =)

Jewel

Kahlie said:
Honesty Reversed came out and stared and me with baleful eyes. On his head. "Be honest" he says... you want to work in this exchange, you just think you didn't do enough to qualify to be in it... you are always undervalueing yourself or afraid you might offend. *grumble*
How he always knows just the way to hit me. I swear he comes up sometimes just to tell me I have to drop being too polite... if I'd follow his lead I'd offend all my Chinese Family!

I also asked: "What would I contribute to the Traveling Faerie Deck Exchange?"
The Singer of Courage beamed out towards me. (Reminding me to continue my Chakra Healing Work - Thank you Fae...) I guess I'd be able to show people the creative and fun ways I use the Fae - if I'm couragous enough...

Not about to let those Fae outsmart me (yet again!)

I hereby Sign up!

Kahlie

Kahlie I am so glad you have decided to join the Traveling Faerie Deck, and thank you for sharing what you just did with us. I think the greatest thing you will contribute to this exchange is the exact same thing the rest of us are going to contribute ... a chance to get to know you better and share your experiences :)

Do not be afraid of offending us either. We know that each of us has different experiences with the Faeries, so if you did not agree with us we would not be offended. As long as it is not "personal" (i.e. I think you are full of $&%* and have no business being on this board) then I see no way you would offend us. Getting different perspectives from different members of the study group is a great thing, and we can all learn from it. Perhaps after this experience you will become more comfortable here and participate more. I know I would welcome it.

Make sure to check the boards on Friday as that is when I will post the order in which the deck will travel and re-interate the instructions on receiving and sending the deck.

Kahlie

Jewel said:
Make sure to check the boards on Friday as that is when I will post the order in which the deck will travel and re-interate the instructions on receiving and sending the deck.

Will do!

Kahlie

faunabay

Ok, I'm all ready to send out the deck...once I know where to send it to. LOL Since it was an extra deck I still had it in the box. So today I pulled it out and asked which extra bag I had that the faeries wanted to travel in. They picked one of my nice velvet bags with a faery on the front. Jewel help me out here...I can't remember the name of who made it. You know the ones we both have a few of - The really nice ones made in velvet with a silk liner and different things on the front??? WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFUL bags if you don't have one get one - or two!!!!
So anyway the faeries are ready to go! And I won't send out anything but the cards. :)

Jewel

faunabay said:
Jewel help me out here...I can't remember the name of who made it. You know the ones we both have a few of - The really nice ones made in velvet with a silk liner and different things on the front??? WONDERFULLY BEAUTIFUL bags if you don't have one get one - or two!!!!
So anyway the faeries are ready to go! And I won't send out anything but the cards. :)

Yes I know the bags you speak of, I own 2, and cannot remember who we got them from either. Well the faeries will be traveling plush! *LOL*

At 4:00 PM today I will mix up the names and then post the order. The first person on the list will need to PM you their address so you can mail the deck out. You will be the last to receive the deck as it belongs to you.

This will be so much fun!

Jewel

Order of Faerie Traveling Deck

OK kids, here is the order the deck is to travel:

1. Sagitarius
2. Geministar
3. A_Shiks
4. Jewel
5. Chronata
6. Sagewriter
7. Inana_Tarot
8. Alissa
9. Kahlie
10. Faunabay

The deck will originate from Faunabay, so Sagitarius please PM Faunabay your address so she can mail it.

Once Sagittarius receives the deck she will post a thread "Traveling Faeries Log", which we will request our esteemed moderator to put a sticky on. Once Sagittarius makes the post then Geministar needs to send Sage her address so Sage will know where to send the deck after having it for a week. When Geministar posts I will send her my address and so on and so forth.

The log thread will be used to document our experiences. There is nothing you "have to do" specifically with the deck, but whatever you do do please post in the log thread.

Before mailing the deck to the next person, please make sure you sign the Faerie Guide card of the deck. You may sign it with your real name or your AT name, whatever you are more comfortable with.

If there are any questions please ask in this thread.

Lets get the fun on the road!!!!!

P.S. If I forgot anyone please let me know. My eyes are pasted together this morning and I am functioning on only 1 cylinder (out of 8) :D

a_shikhs

This is cool.. Can't wait to get the deck and show the faeries around.. :D Can we add in a small goody for the next person??

Jewel

a_shikhs said:
This is cool.. Can't wait to get the deck and show the faeries around.. :D Can we add in a small goody for the next person??
When you have the deck, you can do anything you want other than keep or destroy the deck :p (Just kidding I know no one participating would even think of such a thing)

If you would like to send something extra along, feel free to do so but not obligated to do so. As with the faeries, there is no set formula here. The faeries would cringe and possibly hide if we tried to withstand any inspiration they provide.

sagitarian

LoL at Jewel's post.

I just sent Faunabay a private message, including my address. Looking forward to having them here, and I'll be sure to start a thread as soon as I recieve them. Looking forward to this with clappy hands, and big smiles.

Sage

Jewel

FYI ..... I did a "Dear Moderator" thread on our behalf to have the Traveling Faeries Log made into a sticky for convinient and easy log access. Sage I asked the moderator(s) to sticky your first post.