A New TdM was born in Japan: Tarot de Marseille ISIS Version

Bernice

gregory said:
If I had worked out how to order, I would have had. Thus far I am too thick. But now that I have reread the thread - I have emailed....
OMG. There's no hope for me at all then!

Bee :) :)

Laura Borealis

Thanks for posting the examples of minors and courts, kenji! :) They are truly beautiful.

This is on my wish list for when I can afford a luxury.

Moonbow

I'm now not sure having seen the Courts, so whoever gets the deck first please post and let us have an honest review of the deck. I love the Majors and the pips are amazing, more than. Please let me know how the Courts sit in the deck.

The crowned one

I would love to see a card back. SO far I think this is a wonderful deck. I love large cards, can you give me the length of one side ;) so I can tell the card size based on this " The proportion of the card is always the equivalent of two equilateral squares joined"... :D

kenji

PTAH said:
I see they carry a publication date of 2010 - I only wonder why they haven't been brought to general public awareness sooner?
Hi PTAH:)
Prior to this 78-card deck (released on 18th April, 2011), ISIS published Majors only version (22 cards) in 2009. The reason for the dating "2010" is, I think, to be found in the instruction card (see my first post): the 250th anniversary of Nicolas Conver TdM.

Evie said:
I'm now not sure having seen the Courts, so whoever gets the deck first please post and let us have an honest review of the deck. I love the Majors and the pips are amazing, more than. Please let me know how the Courts sit in the deck.
Hi Evie:)
The flesh colour in the scanned Courts looks a bit too reddish on the monitor to me, comparing to that in the real cards...

The crowned one said:
I would love to see a card back. SO far I think this is a wonderful deck. I love large cards, can you give me the length of one side ;) so I can tell the card size based on this " The proportion of the card is always the equivalent of two equilateral squares joined"... :D
Hi The crowned one:)
Below is the image of the card back. The size of the card is about 64mm x 125mm (NOTE: not of the frame). BTW the deck itself (78 cards) is 27mm thick, weighs about 200g.

TdMISIS_back.jpg

Carla

For me, this is the most beautiful and appealing TdM I have seen. I may have to order this one!

Moonbow

Kenji, that would make a huge difference, if the skin tone is not very good in the scans. The Majors seem to be fine so I'm sure you are right.

la-luna

I received an answer to my mail a few seconds ago and immediately sent the money by paypal (he accepts paypal and International Postal Money Order)
(shipping and handling charge for Europe is 17 EURO)

gregory

:bugeyed:

Checks email....

Nope :(

ETA YUP ! As I typed :( it went ping - and behold... :D

KhonsuMes

I love the rich, 3D quality of the minors, the wide-eyed askance glances, and the surreally alive shoulder plate on the cavalier. Visually it becomes another persona almost: Someone watching his/our back perhaps? Seeing in two directions at once, spatially or temporally?

Oh, and the bees are great.

Order email has been sent.

Thank you Kenji for bringing this one to our attention!