"Director's Cut" of the Hallmark Tarot

rwcarter

If the cards had standard titles I wouldn't bother to name them, but since you have non-standard titles, I think you should name them. And 20 should be the Judgement card. I'm not near your deck, but wouldn't the Tree of Life be 21 or The World?
Just checked my deck. Tree of Life is 20. So I would suggest definitely adding titles to the cards.

Rodney

Luna's Crone

My previous experience with crowdfunding has not been positive. I think I'll stick to the old fashioned route of making things, then selling them.

this will sound dumb but check with staples, they do cards too

DownUnderNZer

I would have gone with "7 of Pears" too or "Hidden Moon".

Never seen the "Tree of Life" before - so new to me.

I think the deck needs labels indeed then. :D

DND :)

I love the backs! I'm rather font of black borders vs white borders. That mustardy yellow is nice though.

If the cards had standard titles I wouldn't bother to name them, but since you have non-standard titles, I think you should name them. And 20 should be the Judgement card. I'm not near your deck, but wouldn't the Tree of Life be 21 or The World?

I saw GO FOR IT! I'd buy that deck for the backs alone!

Rodney

Funnily enough, as soon as I clicked on the first image I heard "Tree of Life" in my head, but then thought "it's probably labeled something else though for #20" šŸ˜‚

It's a lovely deck Hannafate - you can definitely tell you love the Hanson Roberts! And I agree that you shouldn't limit yourself to 500 when there are so many more options out there for independent artists' printing and social media marketing... Best wishes!

Hannafate

Maybe not...

Dee Ell

I would have gone with "7 of Pears" too or "Hidden Moon".

Never seen the "Tree of Life" before - so new to me.

I think the deck needs labels indeed then. :D

DND :)

I've never seen the Tree of Life in tarot before either but am familiar with the concept of it in Celtic & Scandinavian traditions. I don't think normally it's depicted with fruit but for whatever reason I just *knew* on a non-intellectual level that's what it was. It was an interesting moment.

Hannafate

Are the borders on these more beige than the ones you posted on the first page? For some reason they look not as vibrant but as an artist myself I know how color perception changes based on what it's adjacent to...

Yes, it's supposed to look like parchment. I was thinking the original tones were too harsh. The overall effect should be appealing, but not challenging. I'll have to see what it looks like printed to be sure.

I have a proof on the way. Probably two weeks to get it.

Hannafate

I've never seen the Tree of Life in tarot before either but am familiar with the concept of it in Celtic & Scandinavian traditions. I don't think normally it's depicted with fruit but for whatever reason I just *knew* on a non-intellectual level that's what it was. It was an interesting moment.

That means I got it right!

Dee Ell

That means I got it right!

Yes!

Looking at the image again from an artist's point of view I can see visually what triggered the connection: the structure of the branches and roots combined with the placement of the moon... It's a beautiful card.