Hologram Deck?

tarotbear

Wow! thatimage/motion is fascinating - but I think it would annoy me after a while! However, I can see it working well, especially in the Pips cards for adding dimension into one-dimensional cards.

Next we'll have a moving hologram deck like the chess pieces in 'Star Wars.'

YogaSpider

WOAH! Cool...

I for one would be interested.

Solty Dog

I had made a post a while back about the use of hologram cards, but using more traditional images. I think it would be great to "step into" a deck. I would love to see it with the Vargo Gothic or the Gilded. Just when I thought the collection is complete, another one or two decks get released.

B.S. Dog

blackroseivy

I am DESIGNING a deck that was meant to be holographic!!!!!!!! Only, I heard back from Lo Scarabeo & they said that the cost of producing such a deck would be prohibitive. Just imagine the price one would have to charge per deck in order to turn a profit!!! - like, over $100 a pop, I'll just bet! NOT a cheap enterprise by any means. I don't imagine you will be seeing THIS at your bookstore anytime soon!! :( More's the pity, because I discovered holograms & Tarot at almost the same time, & have been dreaming of such a deck ever since!! :p (Since 1978, that is, peeps!!)

blackroseivy

Hmph! - I was talking about something photographic. This looks like a painting!

lunakasha

That is an awesome picture....I think a hologram tarot would be interesting.
But I have to say, the eyes :bugeyed: are freaking me out!

:) Luna

tarotbear

danubhe said:
I am DESIGNING a deck that was meant to be holographic!!!!!!!! Only, I heard back from Lo Scarabeo & they said that the cost of producing such a deck would be prohibitive. Just imagine the price one would have to charge per deck in order to turn a profit!!! - like, over $100 a pop, I'll just bet! NOT a cheap enterprise by any means. I don't imagine you will be seeing THIS at your bookstore anytime soon!!

What about a holgraphic deck of just the Majors?

Lillie

Are they expensive?

Many years ago, when my son was just a tadpole, he liked them sticker albums. The ones where you buy the stickers to stick in the book, and after a while you already had them all and it was a waste of money, so your cow of a mother stops buying them.

Anyhow, one set had hologram stickers in. And I liked them so much I took all the doubles and stuck them all over a folder.

So I always reckoned they must be pretty cheap to make.

That said, they were pretty primitive compared to the picture shown here, but it was a long time ago.
And I suppose they make zillions of them stickers, so that would bring the price down for them.

But even then they were pretty. Sometimes I'd just sit there, tilting the folder and watching them change.
I loved the rainbow colours.

A deck like that would be nice.
What a shame it's not likely.

Zephyros

I wonder how a reading with a deck like that would be...:)

"Well, if you tilt your head this way, then we see you meeting a tall dark stranger. However, when you tilt your head that way, then we can see that maybe this stranger is not the person for you... On the other hand, when you stand on your head..."