$35 credit, which deck should I get?

.traveller.

Something I bought from Overstock was Out of Stock, but I've already paid. Now I have a credit soooo... why not a tarot?

I was thinking of the NOVT, but I don't know how much I will be able to use it. The cards are very beautiful though.

Another one that I find gorgeous is the Afro-Brazilian, not sure if they carry it though.

Any suggestions?

celticnoodle

well, I had a look at your profile and saw you have listed the eros oracle as a 'wanted' deck-which overstock has and for only $8.55! a bargain!

I never thought of even looking at overstock.com for tarot decks, I thank you, but I'm sure my pocketbook and my husband won't thank you! :laugh:

so many other decks there, I'm sure you can find more--to add to your HUGE collection you have already! :)

flicker

Cant find Afro Brazillian deck.

ancient mysteries tarot deck looks different.
spotted world spirit tarot.
certainly a lot to chose from.

.traveller.

I only have 40 tarots + or -.
Oracles don't count :D

My collection isn't all that big... is it? :confused:

rwcarter

.traveller. said:

I have 10x as many tarot decks as you do. Compared against some people in this forum, my collection is on the small side of medium. So your collection is small compared to that. :D

As for Overstock, having bought many things tarot from them over the last few years, here's a word of warning from one who has the battle scars - only buy things from them that are currently in stock. I would guesstimate that 1/3 - 1/2 of the pre-orders I've made get canceled. And heaven forbid if you try to cancel a pre-order! It took me half an hour in online chat to cancel my Bohemian Gothic pre-order. And they wouldn't cancel my Circle of Life pre-order because although they hadn't shipped it, they hadn't processed it for shipping, heck they didn't have it in hand yet, it was too close to the estimated shipping date for me to cancel the order. :rolleyes:

Rodney

Grizabella

I love Overstock.com! But I've never pre-ordered anything, so listen to Rodney on that one.

NOVT is a deck that's quite difficult to learn. I agree that the cards are very beautiful, though. Afrosaxon uses the deck all the time. You could ask her about how she learned to use it.

rwcarter

Solitaire* said:
NOVT is a deck that's quite difficult to learn. I agree that the cards are very beautiful, though. Afrosaxon uses the deck all the time. You could ask her about how she learned to use it.
I've owned the NOVT since the mid-90's. I've thumbed through the cards a couple of times, and every time I do, they end up going back in the box cause I find the thought of learning that completely different system to be too daunting of a task for me.

celticnoodle

.traveller. said:

no offense intended. I just took a quick look at your profile, to see what sort of decks you were interested in. you do have quite a collection started, which I was not expecting to see, actually. sorry, again, no offense intended.

.traveller.

I wondered/worried about the pre-orders. I thought about the Mona Lisa but the I saw that they didn't have it yet.

I bought the Eros the other day, but I don't have it yet so I haven't updated my profile.

Some things I have considered:

A back up for my Grail Tarot: ATV (but do I need a back up?)
Spiral (I don't know if I like it, but some people really do)
Celestial (franniee got me interested in this one)
World Spirit (? Looks a bit chintzy from the scans)

.traveller.

celticnoodle said:
no offense intended. I just took a quick look at your profile, to see what sort of decks you were interested in. you do have quite a collection started, which I was not expecting to see, actually. sorry, again, no offense intended.

I didn't take offense; I was just surprised that's all. They don't take up that much room, so I forget that they may seem like alot. The majority of the oracles I have had for over a decade and about 10 of the tarots are of similar vintage.