Rumi Tarot By Nigel Jackson

Ashtaroot

I am loving this deck!!
I had a surprise visit from my mom (out of state) who is not into Tarot and one day I woke up and I saw her reading that book and going through the cards and from that day on...she was able to read with it just like that, I was shocked .. she loved that book and deck that I sent her home with them and now I am off to get me another one.

Anyone else is having a great time with that deck?

AJ

There are quite a few here who like the deck.
This thread has some opinions, although it might be good to skip the last page, it dulled my pleasure considerable.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107480

What fun that you have something new to share with your mum!~

Parzival

Rumi Tarot by Nigel Jackson

Beautiful, somewhat miniature artwork, appropriate to the Persian painting tradition, with colors that are alive and vibrant, along with great Rumi quotations and paraphrases. Some have questioned the green hue, but I find it acceptably harmonious and symbolic. A fine meditative deck that can also serve for divination of a soul-searching kind. (The book is informative as to history and symbolism, and deep into Sufi/Rumi alchemy and mysticism.) Most impressive Tarot by way of pictorial and verbal Art.

HearthCricket

It is a beautiful and stunning deck, full of mystery and really a lovely tool for deep meditation and a very personal spiritual guide. I love this deck and after reading the book and working with it a bit I have decided to put it on hold and really work with in, in depth, come those lazy days of summer when it will get the full attention it deserves and when I have more downtime to invest in a spiritual journey! :)

Konata

mine is on its way to my house, supposed to be here tomorrow.

i really like the art. can't wait to read with it!

bellathebrave123

yes it looks orgeous, I think Ill have to put this one on my wish list..

jujustar

i still havent decided if i want this one or not...

i probably will, simply because of the sufi connection.

i also love nigel's art!

so, actually, why dont i just get it??? i will wait till the nasty effects of my last shopping have worn off...haha

nisaba

This is not the de-enabling thread, so I'll just say you'll be sorry if you don't get it. It's a charming deck, and the poetic angle works well for me - I'm using it as a non-tarot oracle, not a Tarot deck, pulling single cards and disregarding any Tarot meanings, just looking at the art and reading the verse printed on the bottom of the card. Noice. It's a very gentle deck, with very many more love-cards than you'd normally expect. I had a pile of books sitting waiting to be read and I'm not reading much at the moment because of constraints on my time, but the book that goes with it is my next read (I'm predicting at the start or next month or so).

What people *have* said in the de-enabling thread that is perfectly true, though, is that the shade of green chosen for many of the backgrounds is quite unlikeable. The indigo-blue is heavenly, and the green would be too if it were a deeper jewel-green, but instead it's a green that I unfortunately associate with bathroom curtains ... That being said, I love the deck. It's right up there with the Quantum as my current second-favourites.

jujustar

no, this is definitely not the de-enabling thread, .. very different place indeedy.

(ive been keeping away from De-enabling...})

youre right nisaba, if i dont get it i WILL be sorry. Otherwise ill probably decide i want it when its oop and costs $150.
I know i wont use it as a tarot either, and thats good - i have enough tarots-to -use -as -tarots ..these cards will make very nice diving-boards

jujustar

p.s. ill be ok with the green, cos ive never had green bathroom curtains