Father Ted and Tarot

GadgetGirl

LMAO!!! Brilliant!

nisaba

gregory said:
ETA I'm back. Fournier Marseilles. Usually pretty easy to find and cheap too.
So ... if I wish-list the Fournier with a view to buying it some day, I'll get those lovely cardbacks? I loved those backs. I want the deck just for them, dammit!

gregory said:
ETA - yes, three deaths and she sat there saying "That's so weird, there's only supposed to be one card in the pack..." But she was good on it not meaning literal death. And given the rest of the episode - it was a good reading })
< cackle> I have memory problems at the moment (which is why I was asking now and later on the night of the actual viewing), but I enjoyed the episode.

But Dawn French is much more cuddle-able than Dermot Whateverhisnameis.

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
So I find this thread when it's all been cleared up. No probs!

I always was surprised at how nice the Fournier Marseilles looked in the flesh. A friend of mine has it and it's really very nice close up...
It managed to look irresistable on TV, never min d in the flesh.

Is it one of those ones with fake ageing on the cards, yellow stock or whatever?

nisaba

AineFoley said:
Or Bishop Len kicking Ted up the arse as the Tower!
No-no, Ted kicking the bishop! Or Father Jack decanting the bishop out the window in last night's episode with a resounding "feck off!"

<laughing hysterically> I'm loving the proposed Tarot deck. I saw Milfoil's Temperance episode just last night, in the company of the same people.

<wipes tears from eyes and more carefully, from keyboard>

gregory

nisaba said:
Is it one of those ones with fake ageing on the cards, yellow stock or whatever?
No. It is perfectly new looking and brightly coloured - the pips have lovely bright backgrounds. It can all be seen on line in one of those Evil Places.

gregory

Lillie said:
YES !!!!!

And Death with the one in the morgue with Father Jack - and Judgement Jack rising from his coffin when the booze wears off...

Milfoil

I wish I knew how to do screen capture, I have the full series on DVD. This could be quite a fun deck to colaborate on.

AineFoley

nisaba said:
No-no, Ted kicking the bishop! Or Father Jack decanting the bishop out the window in last night's episode with a resounding "feck off!"

Ah but I was thinking of the last scene where Len (as Dougal likes to call him) took a running kick at Ted with robes bellowing in the wind sending Ted flying up into the air - so much more tower-like! ;)

By the way I worked in a town called Carrickmacross (at an archaeological dig) back in 2004 and got to know Dougal's (aka Ardal O'Hanlon) Mum quite well as she owned the shop I visited every morning.