Father Ted and Tarot

AineFoley

Well he will never top Father Ted and he'll always be Dougal to me. His Mother didn't talk about him at all so I never brought him up in conversation. They are clearly a close family though and he bought a house in the town so he hasn't forgotten where he came from.

And who else but Dougal could play the fool? I love the episode (Tentacles of Doom) where one of the bishops (after listening to Dougal's "philosophy" on religion) decides that he is incredably wise and renounces the Church and travels to India to find himself.

nisaba said:
Argh! He subsequently played the hero in some silly show. I've always called my daughter "Hero" as an endearment from babyhood onwards. Do all mothers do that? If so, it must have been odd for her when he became a hero.

Lillie

nisaba said:
Argh! He subsequently played the hero in some silly show. I've always called my daughter "Hero" as an endearment from babyhood onwards. Do all mothers do that? If so, it must have been odd for her when he became a hero.

Nope.

I called mine Pork Chop.

gregory

nisaba said:
Watched him only a cupla days ago. I don't think he was as depressing as they thought he was. He was being reserved in the presence of lunatics (them). the Hermit, perhaps?
No - you need to carry on and see the one where he cheers up and tells Father Ted he loves him....

My Hero was rather funny - but Father Ted was GENIUS !

I am not posting what I called my little ones, as I - er - still do at times, so they could be embarrassed !

Freddie

I love this deck and I wrote a review of it in the cards section. The colouring is sheer magnetic. It is an exotic flavour of cotton candy.

Freddie

nisaba

It *is* lovely. And the backs are fantastic. I just used it in a TdM exchange circle. It's a lovely thing.

Kissa

Ah well, thanks guys, I was looking for something to cheer me up and get me busy on a Friday night. Off to dig that deck out, if I remember properly, it is my only TDM at the moment.

Celtictarot

My lovely horse - The Chariot

Holly doll

The Fool - Dougal

The Magician - Dick Byrne

High Priestess - Sister Assumpta (although she could be Justice, she chased the priests about with a tree branch)

Empress - Mrs. Doyle (of course...)

Emperor - Len Brennan (control freak)

Hierophant - Jack

Lovers - John & Mary

Chariot - beat up car

Strength - helicopter, police & loud hailer still from the "Old Grey Whistle Theft"

Hermit - St. Kevins Stump

Wheel of Fortune - Spinning Cat

Justice - Tom wearing his "I shot JR" tee shirt & holding his gun

The Hanging Man - Larry Duff on the large wheel with a blind folded knife thrower when Larry's phone rings

Death - single card with 3 Grim Reaper figures

Temperance - Ted & Dougal outside the theatre holding placards & protesting the St. Tribulus movie (all the locals then attend)

The Devil - Father Fintan Stack - the priest who smoked like a chimney, drank heavily, was obnoxious to Ted & Dougal, got Dougal drunk, crashed Ted's car, played jungle music & drilled holes in the wall, developed "Hairy Hands syndrome" from sitting in Jacks chair & was shipped off to St. Clabberts.

The Tower - Father Paul Stone - his golf club was struck by lightning while he, Ted & Dougal were playing mini golf ;)

Star - Lovely Horse still with blue lurex jackets

Moon - still from King of the Sheep with Chris the deceived sheep

The Sun - Ted - the show's central character

Judgement - still from the Lovely Girls competition - measuring the sandwiches

The World - final episode...

The minor suits:

Pentacles - Ferrero Roche, piles of sandwiches, or Rabbits

Swords - Tom's gun (The crazy guy in the "I shot JR Tee shirt), Dougal's yellow squeaky doggie phone, or Croziers

Cups - Chalices, booze bottles, or teapots with colourful teacozies

Wands - Golden Cleric awards or Cigarettes

Suggestions please... :)

If anyone were to get this off the ground I'd buy a few copies - Genius!!!
- the whole family loves Father Ted :)