Love it or not? Gorgon's Deck

Emily

I'm all confused. Are you both hating and really liking it?
Or is this a leftover quote from some post that's disappeared? So easily confused....

No, it's everything I usually don't like in a deck - but I really like this one, it's different. I don't think the artwork looks cartoony, everything is beautifully drawn and I do believe colour would spoil the artwork. I've never worked with a round deck either but I want to work with this one. Also with it being feminine, it fits this deck.

I came into this thread expecting to dislike this deck, and to my surprise, I don't, I very much like it. And am eagerly awaiting its release. :)

Laura Borealis

Besides being pregnant, the Empress has a pussy cat on her... yeah. :D

I kind of like it. The high contrast hurts my eyes a bit, but that could be just because it's on a screen. Printed cards might be different.

astronautica

Ah, that's part of what I like - the many patterns and how she uses them to make contrast. I also realized, this deck has one of my yes-yes-yes qualities - although the art may be naive, these people have real faces, faces I believe in! Plus, the little round critters are incredibly cute. The Devil is scary, too.

The faces were what drew me to it as well! This deck is so far removed from the types of decks I usually find appealing - black and white, circular, the naive art form as you say - and yet the more I look at the scans the more I find that I really connect with it. The cards definitely tell a clear story, and the black and white contrast gives them such a raw power. I quite like the two of cups and four of swords :)

Glitterbird

I love black and white and this is no exception, I really hope she can get this published!
Esp because I've never had a round deck that I wanted to use. This is quite striking.

GryffinSong

I actually went a few weeks without a wish list. I felt quite proud of myself that I was no longer pining for anything. Between this deck and the new edition of the Melissa Lenormand, I have to confess that I now have a wish list again.

cardlady22

I love black & white! I can just see pairing this with the Light and Shadow.
Superb that Annikin is showcasing it for readings at least!

The patterns on the Lovers and the 3 of Swords jar me though.

dolores666

More blushing & giggling

Hello again (I've just posted elsewhere on this site).
Came across this thread quite by chance, whilst looking for something else. Was gobsmacked at the response. Blimey!
Just a quick entry, then, to thank every single body that has commented on my cards. Each comment massively appreciated, even the critical ones. Tutto fa brodo...
The deck is coming along nicely. I had to write a wee booklet to go with it and now both text and cards are in the pre-production stage. The lot might be out by next spring/summer.
Thanks again, folks. Your comments have cheered me up massively as well as informed me. If I had the energy, I'd reply to each, one by one, but although the mind is willing the body remains an obdurate naysayer, worse luck.
Will try to keep up in the future.
Salut!
Dodo