Your top divination decks?

Freddie

Greetings All,

Which decks do you all find work well as divination tools? I like many decks for many different reasons e.g. Thoth for study purposes. For divination, I find that the channel becomes very wide and that a deck may have a theme that I don't even really know much about, but it works for me as a 'reading' deck.

Anyone else here use decks for reading that are not part of their 'normal' belief system????

Connolly

Golden Tarot (K Black)

Tarot of the Old Path

Tarot De Marseille (Fournier) or (Grimaud)

Golden Dawn (Wang)

Golden Tarot of Tsar

Nefertari

Tarot of the Angels

Klimt

Visconti

Freddie

sapienza

Even though I really hate it, the Robin Wood always gives very accurate readings for me.

Penthasilia

Thoth- always get great readings from it- probably because it was my first and we have been married for so long. We now finish each other's sentences. :p

Etteilla- spooky and weirdly accurate- kind of scary really. I do love it!

Scapini- just enough of a blend of Etteilla to get some weirdly accurate readings, but enough of the old tarot that it is a bit gentler to read.

Bastard- it was like a switch turned out when I antiqued the sides. Now, it reads so clearly, and will move up the list- probably in line with the Scapini at this point- which is pretty darn remarkable!

Visconti- it just works for me, better than the Marseilles decks, no idea why.

Crystal visions- so easy to read, I could be partially sleeping and it still comes through.

Maroon- the same as crystal visions, but with an edge.

Illuminati- reads well. You can take it easy and get what you need, or dig deeper and find it in the details. I like that about this deck.

(I love my RWS, but it is an obstinate thing- and really doesn't work well for general divination. Sulky- kind of like an oversensitive actor/actress.)

Le Fanu

Victorian Romantic and Bohemian Gothic. It just flows with these decks.

I have also discovered - even though I loved it visually from the outset - that the Tarot Illuminati reads like a dream when laid out.

I have had this deck so little time but it is the one I feel confident enough to grab when reading for others even though it is relatively new to me...

There'll be others. I need to have a think!

ETA; had a think. Klimt too!

Altena

For me the Greenwood is on the top of the list. I know next to nothing about shamanism, yet this deck reads like a dream. Others include the Rosetta(which I actually prefer to the Thoth), Bohemian Gothic and Victorian Romantic.

RunningWild

The Tarot Illuminati tops my list right now. I've used it nearly exclusively when reading for others since I got it.

The Victorian Romantic seems to do well for more emotional issues.

Richard

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I just can't relate to most decks, the Rider-Waite being just barely within my limit of tolerance. My usual "reading" decks are four in number: the CBD and Grimaud TdMs, a Belgian-German edition of the Albano-Waite, and the so-called PCS Commemorative. This is not a snobby antiquarian thing, it is just a total disinterest in (and even antipathy toward) almost all Tarot decks, a feeling which is beyond my control.

Aeric

The religious symbolism of the Stained Glass Tarot isn't in line with my personal beliefs, yet the lush colours and images are fantastic for my divination as a big fan of colour symbolism.

celticnoodle

The Robin Wood

The Golden Tarot

Druidcraft Tarot

Tea Leaf Fortune Cards

The Shaman's Oracle

Psychic Tarot

These are a few that come to mind. I tend to use the Robin Wood the most, because that deck is well broken in. I got it as a gift from a client who found it in the 2nd hand store. It has GREAT energy in it. The cards are easy to hold and shuffle. They are not too big--for my smaller hands. I seem to get fantastic results (when I receive fb from clients) with this deck too.

That said, I LOVE the artwork in the Golden Tarot and the Druidcraft. Also the shamans oracle. But my Druidcraft really is large--too large for me to handle easily. the shamans oracle & the Psychic Tarot are also large & hard to handle for me.

The tea leaf oracle seems to be very, very accurate. But so many cards! they tend to stay on the shelf.

Belobog

RW;
Thoth - had a really fun time. xD

Darkana...hmmm...ACTUALLY not bad.