Tarot of Delphi

karen0205

toddoc33: You ordered April 2 and haven't received an invoice yet? What?? Please tell me you meant August 2, even that is still too long.
---
I have to tell you, their website is set up poorly. The ordering system is ridiculous. You have to order and then wait for them to email you about payment? Whoever advised the artist to set the website up that way really did them a disservice. The artist must never buy anything on line themselves or they never would have agreed to that. You can add a paypal checkout to the website and it would have been much easier or they could have set up a shop on etsy and had it been a smoother experience. People understand "pre-order" and are willing to pay and wait for it to be shipped.

Also, almost $13 to ship 2 decks is way too much. They will fit in the flat rate priority envelope or legal size envelope for $6. Personally, I would do everything possible to make the ordering easy and shipping as inexpensive as possible. Buyers don't want to have to go through all this emailing, etc. to place an order.

toddoc33

Hi Karen0205 :) I've been emailing with the artist for awhile & she is the first to admit, this adventure has not gone as she planned :-/ Between sofware issues, printing issues & legal issues with some of the paintings, it has been an uphill battle for her from the beginning. After this initial printing, she plans to upgrade software & website as time & money allow. I know she would appreciate any advise on best way to proceed in the future.
Yep, I pre-ordered on April 2nd, but the good news is, I Got My Final Invoice This Morning! :-D I also got an apology email for the long wait.... Even though it's taken a bit of time, I feel like she's been personable & professional; I'd buy from her again ;-)

I just noticed the shipping charges you wrote about... Because I pre-ordered, the shipping was free... I agree that seems a bit high.....

Thoughtful

Its such a shame for her because it is a lovely Tarot. l felt somehow ordering it would be problematical and l did not want Karen going to all that trouble. It will not put me off as at a later date l will order when the hiccups have been cured.

karen0205

Its such a shame for her because it is a lovely Tarot. l felt somehow ordering it would be problematical and l did not want Karen going to all that trouble. It will not put me off as at a later date l will order when the hiccups have been cured.

It's no trouble and I am happy to order it. I think it's a shame that it seems
so disorganized and I think she is losing business because of it. It's a lovely
deck, looks very nice.

karen0205

That's just it, software issues, website, all are moot if you just set up
a store on etsy. Maybe they don't want to pay the fees to etsy.
That's what you are paying for though, the convenience for your buyers.
It would encourage more purchases too. just my opinion as a customer

Hi Karen0205 :) I've been emailing with the artist for awhile & she is the first to admit, this adventure has not gone as she planned :-/ Between sofware issues, printing issues & legal issues with some of the paintings, it has been an uphill battle for her from the beginning. After this initial printing, she plans to upgrade software & website as time & money allow. I know she would appreciate any advise on best way to proceed in the future.
Yep, I pre-ordered on April 2nd, but the good news is, I Got My Final Invoice This Morning! :-D I also got an apology email for the long wait.... Even though it's taken a bit of time, I feel like she's been personable & professional; I'd buy from her again ;-)

I just noticed the shipping charges you wrote about... Because I pre-ordered, the shipping was free... I agree that seems a bit high.....

BeyondtheVeil

I agree

I somehow got disconnected from my own thread. lol Anyway, these were my initial concerns. Then seeing that it took almost a year from the time it was funded to get one deck out...it scared me.

I definitely would LOVE to have this deck, but until it is a smooth, paypal, priority flat rate shipping... I'm out. Unless of course someone wants to sell theirs to me or do a trade. :D

Hopefully, things will get worked out SOON. Etsy/OR Established website, Paypal, and Priority Flat Rate Shipping is a must for me though. I would hope the artist would go through each deck BEFORE shipping to make sure that all cards are PERFECT.

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread and shared their experiences with us!

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

karen0205

toddoc33: You ordered April 2 and haven't received an invoice yet? What?? Please tell me you meant August 2, even that is still too long.
---
I have to tell you, their website is set up poorly. The ordering system is ridiculous. You have to order and then wait for them to email you about payment? Whoever advised the artist to set the website up that way really did them a disservice. The artist must never buy anything on line themselves or they never would have agreed to that. You can add a paypal checkout to the website and it would have been much easier or they could have set up a shop on etsy and had it been a smoother experience. People understand "pre-order" and are willing to pay and wait for it to be shipped.

Also, almost $13 to ship 2 decks is way too much. They will fit in the flat rate priority envelope or legal size envelope for $6. Personally, I would do everything possible to make the ordering easy and shipping as inexpensive as possible. Buyers don't want to have to go through all this emailing, etc. to place an order.

Wow! $13 dollars to ship two decks?! :bugeyed: That is crazy! I want the deck, but NOT that badly! lol

I am definitely turned off about the ridiculous amount of time between "placing an order" and actually receiving the deck. While it wasn't paid for, I would still think that a year is way too long to wait on a 'funded" deck. I haven't ever published a deck, but it looks like one should have known what to do and expect before gathering 'funding".

I can agree that the process of ordering, emailing, and waiting for such long times is not professional and is really a turn off to customers. I don't care if the shipping is free if I have to wait almost a year to get it. lol

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

gregory

Funding of a kickstarter project is how the creator gets the money to proceed. When they get funded, THEN, and only then, they know it's worth carrying on.

I finally got my Delphi today. It is stunning. I don't begrudge the wait, or a single cent of what I paid (and that included the fact that as it can only be sent to the US, I had to have it mailed to a friend and have her get it to me....) Other than that inconvenience, it was no trouble at all. I can't see why people don't understand how kickstarter works. How many of us would be prepared to put in all the work designing a deck, only to find that they couldn't afford to have it printed at all ?

Mine did come in a flat rate envelope actually. But two CERTAINLY wouldn't fit. It comes in a lovely lift top box which makes it too fat for that.

Bite the bullet and buy, people. You won't regret it !

Daemon Lover

I bought mine...it is getting shipped Tuesday. Can hardly wait!

Hemera

(and that included the fact that as it can only be sent to the US, I had to have it mailed to a friend and have her get it to me....)!
Oh really ? :bugeyed: I wonder why I got the invoice then. It never said there would be a problem..?
(I haven´t paid it yet,though, because I´m not sure if I really need yet another deck... }) )