Ostara Tarot

Arimaya

I really liked this but see it's sold out. has it been confirmed or discussed that they'll do a second round of printing?

gregory

Praise be - now that I am in the same country as she is, I am told the deck has finally arrived in the UK.

I suggest you email her on her site, Arimaya. I've not heard anything about a reprint...

Nica

I was really bummed out to miss out on this one. It looks really stunning!

On the site it says no reprint soon. : (

Lucky are the ones who got a copy!

ChanCake

Trust me, don't be dissapointed.

I did pre-order this deck and when it finally shipped, it took about a month and a half to arrive. Only to have the worst cardstock ever. It's like $1 store plastic cardstock and I don't think you can ever really shuffle-bend it, because it'll crease I'm sure. The lamination is the most extreme kind of gloss I have ever seen. It's just really bad overall.

On top of that, most people I spoke to that ordered the deck too, had gotten the same kind of damaged cards as I did. Chipped edges, beat up box. Some people even had the damage move further into the cards.

Nope, be glad you didn't buy it. It was barely worth the money. The art is still beautiful, but the magic of the deck is gone by it's execution. I will not be replacing it when it is worn out which, I'm guessing, won't take long.

Arimaya

oh dear! that is unfortunate, but I'm glad to know. If it ever does come back, I'll be really watching on that card stock. :(

gregory

Oops. I shan't SEE mine for a month. Oh well. Hope it's OK !

mad as a hatter

another printing round

I just missed out of snagging a copy from the first printing (I think somebody else beat me for the last deck by a few minutes) so I made an inquiry. This is from an email dated March 25, 2015:

Hello,
We will have another printing round available soon, the best way to keep updated is to follow us on Tumblr: ostaratarot.tumblr.com
Cheers,
The Ostara Ladies

--------

I don't think this contradicts what's on the website. It seems they'll have another printing soon, but not this month.

gregory

I just made someone in the UK open mine up - the edges are "a bit rough, but not chipped". Just for the statistics.

theEnigma

After using my Ostara Tarot for about a week, doing a couple of readings a day, I can confirm minor chipping on the edges of some of the cards. As someone else stated, I assume this is why the next printing will not have the full bleed to the edges.

For me, this is not a deal breaker as I think a simple treatment would probably 'fix' this 'issue,' and I love the fact they are border less. I am really enjoying using the cards and although they are heavily laminated I am not as put off by the card stock as some others here. I riffle shuffle, and other than the minor chipping, have not noticed any other defects to the cards.
While certainly not as luxurious as the Tyldwick, Wild Unknown or any MRP decks, the cards are useable and have proven to give quirky, bold readings- thus far.

The Happy Squirrel

As someone else stated, I assume this is why the next printing will not have the full bleed to the edges.

For me, this is not a deal breaker as I think a simple treatment would probably 'fix' this 'issue,' and I love the fact they are border less.

Hello Enigma. How do you mean by not full bleed to the edges?

Also you mentioned treatment to fix chipped edges. Only one deck of all my decks chipped, the Tarot of the Absurd. As a result I am too afraid to shuffle it. Would love to know how we can fix this from further chipping.

Thanks in advance!