Bohemian Gothic First Edition - Lack of Coating

greatdane

Anyone else have an issue with the print just rubbing off?

This one is my favorite. I've all the editions except the first edition Silver and this is the one I love the most. But I notice just from shuffling, I am getting white spots on the fronts of cards, not just the sides. It's like there is no coating at all. I have used a Marksalot on the edges even though I normally wouldn't on a deck that doesn't have all black backgrounds, but at least some of the white spots are covered, but I can't use on the fronts to touch up on blue or light backgrounds.

Still my favorite regarding images and shuffling, the feel of the stock, I just wish there was some coating on it. Well, it does make it look older....

The Happy Squirrel

I had the silver and it does feel a little 'naked' when shuffled. Which is why I used to only side-drop-shuffle this deck. To minimise surface friction.

greatdane

Thanks Happy Squirrel

I always do a gentle over under shuffle with all my decks and yet this is one that shows the most "wear" and did within a couple months. I DO sit and just shuffle when I am watching a film, just sitting, but most of my decks have some coating (this may have some, but it feels basically like raw cardboard), some a lot as in really laminated.

I DO still adore this deck and it is my fav of the BG's, which is why it's wear is so concerning. Marksalot marker did help it look better, but not much to be done for the front of the card.

And CONGRATS for having the silver!

The Happy Squirrel

I wonder if there is something we can spray them with to protect them? Like a protective coating? Ha! Thanks for the congrats :D But I have actually sold it :p

The Happy Squirrel

I will ask about protective coating in Talking Tarot :)