The Wild Unknown Tarot - IV Wands

Sulis

This is such an interesting image and one I've struggled with but as with other cards in this deck, a little meditation on it and a bit of just gazing at it and describing it seems to be making it's meanings a lot clearer for me.

So the image:
A diamond shaped opening filled with golden, yellow and orange light and in the centre are 4 overlapping sticks or wands making a smaller diamond. The light within the smaller diamond-shaped frame is blue and the light emanates from the centre of the image and so the centre of the double diamond frame and radiates outwards.

It's like the sticks / wands are containing the fire energy and they're also focusing it so that the very centre of the image is blue, hotter than the rest.
This is a temporary state for me, fire cannot be contained for very long and the heat will soon burn through those wands so for now there is focus but it won't last for long.
It's interesting that the word 'focus' came to me because the whole image reminds me of an eye..

So this is a pause, a chance to consolidate what's gone before, a rest time or a time to really focus your energy into what comes next. You've done well to get this far but your pause won't last for long and then you'll have to work with the energy of Fire that could potentially get out of control...

Some keywords I have in my journal for the number 4:
Four

stability
foundation
boundaries
consolidation
a pause
walls
points on a compass
guidelines - things to stay within
square
rules
a frame.

And for Fire
Warming
Useful if under control
potentially dangerous if out of control
transformative
cleansing
get up and go
Umph...

I'd love to hear how everyone else using this deck sees this card.

Attachments

• 4 Wands.jpg
    4 Wands.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 2,759

Kissa

Well first of all, I don't own the deck. Been on the edge for ages. Anyhow, I read your entries here every now and then. First, I look at the attached picture, then I read your words.

Indeed the picture reminds me of an eye too. I feel intense energy (focused, concentrated), whether this eye is staring at me in daring manner ("so... what are you going to do next?") or the contained fire is about to burst. As you said, "temporary" situation in both cases, with exciting (explosive?) times ahead!

I wondered why you referred to the blue color as being the hotter then I remembered old times, when I was a smoker, and what my lighter's flame looked like... ;) It makes sense to me.

Making my way through the Study Group, sucking wisdom and enjoying unique intriguing... yet so familiar cards...

If it weren't for the risk of paying customs fee I think I would immediately give in and order (or pre-order) the deck. Still on the edge ;)

Sulis

I like what you've said about exciting / explosive times ahead Kissa.. I think that goes very well with this image - the fire is contained now and we're pausing to focus but it will burn through the wands / sticks surrounding it and that will possibly be explosive or exciting...

LovelyMissAries

I have this deck, love it! I don't get the images that don't have much color or imagery to them so I'm looking forward to what you have to add.

As for the 4 of Wands I agree it looks like an eye. The feeling the card gives me is a hypnotic one, as if you're looking into that swirling black and white spiral instead. I think it is meant (of course, being the 4 of Wands) to signify the future or thinking of the future.

Sulis

I have this deck, love it! I don't get the images that don't have much color or imagery to them so I'm looking forward to what you have to add.

As for the 4 of Wands I agree it looks like an eye. The feeling the card gives me is a hypnotic one, as if you're looking into that swirling black and white spiral instead. I think it is meant (of course, being the 4 of Wands) to signify the future or thinking of the future.

That's an interesting interpretation, I've never heard of the 4 Wands or any other card signifying the future or thinking of the future but I can see that this card could be some sort of swirling portal that the reader is looking into.

slfrank67

when i see it following the three of wands it appears a little looser than has yet been suggested here. the previous card's three wands are actually tied together and the lines in the back are evenkeeled, horizontal. so far with this deck i am reading A LOT into the backgrounds. so after 3 of wands the four has diagonal lines mirroring the wands, defining the realm again. opposing/intersecting. the wands are no longer tied together and the rainbow from before has now dissipated quite a bit and only the blue remains in the center at the focus. red orange and yellow are outside the wands and green and violet are completely gone.
interestingly, in the three of wands there was only a little blue.

okay now five of wands... eesh. the color is gone and the background has gone from opposing diagonals to totally broken and chaotic. there are anchors in the corners though.

Maan

beautiful intrepetations ,
The only thing i have to add is that the blue in the centre makes me think about the fifth chakra.The colour of that one is traditionally blue. Its about communicatie and telling people how you feel. That you can share the joy and tell about who you are.
The 1 and 2 of wands are about the first chakra's and colours. The going out and do stuff energies. This one talks about telling people what you are doing and sharing your energy and accomplishments with others. Enjoying the sharing.

Pixna

The energy in this card is contained . . . barely. The fiery wands are pushing out at the edges, pressing against the external lines of diamonds that surround them. The crossed branches/wands seem to be trying to contain the energy of the core that is radiating (or seeping) outward. There is temporary security, but this energy can't be contained for long. It's too powerful. This is a moment of rest and respite, perhaps a time to look inward with that seeming eye in the center. Soon this energy will break free, explode, and the wands will scatter (as with the V Wands). But for now, there is a moment to "hide," reflect, and attempt to regroup.

Have I mentioned lately how much I adore this deck? :)

Sulis

Maan and Pixna, I really like the way you've described how the colours change in this card so that it looks as if the energy is going to break free and Pixna I really like the way you've described it as 'seeping' and then gone on to link it to the next card in the sequence, the V Wands..
This started off as a really difficult image to get my head around but the added insights here have really helped me to understand this card and this image much better :).

JohnyCake

I recently got the IV of wands reversed in a reading I was doing for myself, and Honestly the message it was sending wasn't apparent at first. But then, suddenly it came to me that what it was trying to say was that I had to celebrate my achievements and make sure I push forward with this new-found foundation, but maybe a bit more to myself rather than being extremely celebratory about my achievements and what I'm acquiring now that is fueling my passion. There is no need for me to throw parties and celebrate in full because I still have a long ways to go. But This card reminded me to sit back and enjoy what I've been able to achieve thus far. Following the 3 of wands, it's celebrating what you have created, and using it to propel forwards.