Thoughts on sorrow and failure

SoulDancer

I draw this 3 cards on a reading, sorrow, failure and 3 of disks (works) for a persons feelings. Are sorrow and failure combined showing an inability to see any positive thing on the situation failing to work things out?. I tried to look for threads on the 3 of sowrds on this forum but couldn't find any, I know the Thoth 3 of swords reads different than the RWS deck and their clones.

MikeTheAltarboy

From "The Book of Thoth":
This card is dark and heavy; it is, so to speak, the womb of Chaos. There is an intense lurking passion to create, but its children are monsters. This may mean the supreme transcendence of the natural order. Secrecy is here, and Perversion. The symbol represents the great Sword of the Magician, point uppermost; it cuts the junction of two short curved swords. The impact has destroyed the rose. In the background, storm broods under implacable night.

And, from "Book T":
Disruption, interruption, separation, quarrelling; sowing of discord and strife, mischief-making, sorrow and tears; yet mirth in Platonic pleasures; singing, faithfulness in promises, honesty in money transactions, selfish and dissipated, yet sometimes generous: deceitful in words and repetitions; the whole according to dignity.

Combined with two Disks, it's definately ill-dignifited.

Did you assign meaning to the positions? When I read with thoth, I usually see the middle of any three cards as the "answer", modified by the other two.
I'd interpret that as a feeling of failure derived from an unsuccessful or unfulfilled endevor.