How to read today's Solar eclipse in my 7th house?

WolfSwan

I'm just starting to get my head around astrology - there is so much to learn! I got my natal chart done last year and know that Pisces is in my 7th house along with a Jupiter in my natal chart.

With the current solar eclipse occurring in Pisces am I correct in understanding that this will effect mostly my relationship, past relationship healing etc? Like helping me to let go and heal and move on, but with a particular impact on that house?

Happy to give details of my natal chart if that helps, as I'm also interested in Chirons impact (10th house in my natal chart).

Any help in understanding these influences would be grand!

dadsnook2000

Question

What house, which planets are contacted by this eclipse point\?

WolfSwan

Other planets in Pisces during this eclipse: Mercury, Neptune and Ceres are in Pisces. Chiron in Pisces is coupled with the New Moon.

If Chiron is in Pisces which is my 7th house in the natal chart does this increase the healing effect of Chiron and the process of new beginnings in relationships?

Mercury would be increased communication, potentially travel? And Neptune...? Secrets coming to light in relationships?

dadsnook2000

Getting nowhere

I'm quite conversant with the eclipses. Your question is still not focused well enough to answer. You need to post your chart data --- date, time, location and the locations of where you are currently living if that is different from your birth place.

WolfSwan

Oh sorry!

Okay, so my chart data:

DOB: 22 April 1986
Time: 13:31 or 1:31pm
Current location: Perth, Western Australia

Let me know if more is needed!

dadsnook2000

Eclipse

The current Solar Eclipse is some distance from your natal Jupiter and may not be overly noticeable. I have relocated your chart to Perth, giving you a 24 Virgo Asc., 26 Gemini MC. This places your natal Moon in the first, Uranus near the IC, Sun and N. Node in the 7th near the 8th house cusp, and Mercury a bit closer to the Desc. So, not so much eclipse stuff that you should worry about it.

WolfSwan

Thanks! So we should twist the chart to the current location to read it. It's funny because I've been feeling a big shift coming, and when I saw where 19o Pisces sat in my natal chart I thought that it made sense given what I have been going through and where I have been coming from.

Thanks for clarifying the reading for me!

dadsnook2000

Maps and clocks

The Earth is like both a map and a clock.

If you were born at a different time but at the same location, you would have a different chart. If you were born at a different place but at the same time, you would have a different chart. So, to me, it makes sense to locate your birth chart to where you currently live. I've been doing this for over 40 years and it works for me.

Etene

to me, it makes sense to locate your birth chart to where you currently live. I've been doing this for over 40 years and it works for me.
Do you have any handy examples of a natal chart that worked for somebody until they moved, and then failed, but a relocated chart for the new home suddenly began working? Although people today relocate far more often and over greater distances than ancient people, there are many cases of famous persons who traveled widely and practiced astrology or took consultation, so at least one ancient astrologer describing this technique would be interesting to learn about. Did Alexander the Great's astrologer rotate his chart before electing when to conquer the next territory?

As I've understood astrological theory in my admittedly limited browsing, charts are expected to connect through past and future. That is, a couple of strangers who meet and wed should share some features (synastry), as should the conception chart for their child, that child's nativity, and so on. Calculating/confirming conception is described in modern, medieval, and ancient references. So I would expect that a new chart for the new home when the native moves in would provide detail about life experience in the new location as viewed through the lens of the original nativity, but relocating the natal chart in most cases would be a matter of rotating the chart, flexing the houses' walls a little, and slightly shifting the moon. That sounds more like reading a natal chart with a dubious birth time than respecting a change in location years later, which itself likely ought to be predicted by proper progressions applied to the true nativity.

I'm curious about your opinion on this matter, as informed by your using relocated charts.

I remember hearing something about traveling to experience a year's solar return under a favorable astrological condition by using that moment and testing locations to find a reasonable election. This sounds to me like a related concept.