Positive/Negative Interpretations (split from 'Red Flag' relationship warning cards)

headincloud

I think the best thing to do here is to agree to disagree about this. :) It's fine if headincloud prefers to read her (or his?) way but that doesn't negate the way anyone else here reads.

Sometimes we've had the issue of Tarot certification come up here and the result of that is usually to find that it isn't possible to certify whether someone is competent to read the cards by passing some sort of test. I think this thread is sort of along the same lines. It's not possible to do a one-size-fits-all test to determine that. There are so many factors that come into consideration. For instance, some people just use the cards by intuition alone and not learning the traditional meanings, but they're excellent readers nevertheless. There are others who, like Barleywine for one, use almost a mathematical consideration of the cards and their message. Then there are those who use the cards but are more on the psychic order who may know and sometimes use "book meanings" but their readings are based quite a bit on psychic information.

Whatever way any of us reads is okay if that's how it works for us. We may not understand how somebody else comes to the message they see in the cards, but there's room for us all here. The end result is what matters.

Headincloud, I've seen your input on readings here and I think you do a very good job of interpreting the cards in the way that works for you. Nobody can deny that, I'm sure, but you need to also accept that we're not all the same. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

I sometimes look at Barleywine's way of reading the cards with great admiration, but when I read his way of describing how he comes the the conclusions he makes, I often can't make heads nor tales of it. He's an excellent reader, but I have what I call "dumb spots" and I haven't managed to absorb the Tarot information in the technical way he's able to.

If you were to ask me how I arrive at the readings I do, I honestly can't tell you in detail. I just do what works for me and am happy to allow others to do what works for them, even if I can't relate that much to the details. :)

Couldn't agree more Griz, more than happy to agree to disagree thanks for your input make good sense.

headincloud

So essentially then every single card is a potential red flag in a relationship, I don't get it. How could there be other positive cards in the mix if they've all been assigned as a red flag. And why pin those meanings on those cards when there are already cards assigned to those meanings.[/QUOT

If someone is a big baby then why wouldn't the sun appear in the red flag position?
If being a big baby is the answer to the question, what other cards are assigned to this answer?

The sun doesn't read big baby to me personally but page of cups rx is temper tantrums she loves to stamp her feet, fool rx is unable to deal with mundane reality and is immature in the extreme, emperor rx refuses to grow up and take responsibility for himself, page rx is spoilt and has temper tantrums in true style, all without having to change up the meanings.

headincloud

Thanks Maru for your thoughtful input.