10 of cups reversed

Rpm

Let me start off by saying Its' been a LONG while since I was familiar with these things. So I have a new Waite deck ,and after doing my morning "exercises" I decided to give the cards a small shuffle and put my intentions into them.
No question was in my mind but earlier I was thinking I would not be considered a paige anymore for the card that represents me, I would be a knight. After shuffling I just decided to flip the deck over before putting it away , and there was my card , the knight. Right underneath was my old one , the paige. So I decided to do a celtic cross reading.
Now my 6th card was the 10 of swords reversed. Awesome. But the last was 10 of cups reversed. Question was what to expect from getting back to my roots... I'm not sure what to make of this..
Oh and roots being Ritual magic , the tarot , etc.

Any ones thoughts on this are welcome :)

ana luisa

It will NOT be a bed of roses nor look like a Disney picture perfect happy ending. Be prepared for bumpy rides, obstacles and a lot of work.

Just my 2 cents.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Rpm!

Per the PM I just sent you, directing you to the UTC Posting Rules (click, you are required to provide interpretations of all cards you list when asking for help with card interpretations. You have not done so and until you do, others won't be allowed to chime in trying to help you. A post has been hidden and will be returned to view once you have provided the requested info.

Also, there are many different iterations of the Celtic Cross (I personally know of at least 30). So telling us position numbers without telling us the positional definition doesn't allow us to help you with interpretations.

One final thing. "Paige" is a woman's name while the lowest rank in the Courts of the Minor suits is usually a Page or Knave, among other names.

Other posters, please hold off on posting until Rpm has provided the requested information.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Rpm

Oh ok. Thanks Carter :) I won't forget that in the future , and sorry for not paying more attention to the rules.

So to clarify , I used the 7 card spread version of the Celtic Cross which would make the 10 of swords reversed that which lies before me. My interpretation of that was , it would bring immediate joy to my life. (Which, this is what I want to do and finally have some time to)
Now my gut feeling after turning the last card was to do another reading because my interpretation was mixed feelings good and bad. This was all all I got from it. Now I wish I would have kept going.

rwcarter

Hidden post returned to view as post 2.

Laurelle

Is anyone in your family familiar with magic or tarot? 10 of Cups reversed may indicate that they might not like it.

Rpm

thanks ana.

@Laurelle I am a single parent of two younger daughters , both of them show an interest in astrology , and want their own cards. I do not have any other immediate family close to me.
Though I am pretty sure 95% of my family would not approve.

PAMUYA

Personally I did not see this in a bad light, the 10 of swords reversed is that you have turned the corner in your life where everthing is a drama, and the 10 of cups reversed is that you are past the fantasy love stage...perfect for opening up your intuition for reading tarot. You still need to go further, a Knight is too flighty for reading, you need to be more grounded and mature like a queen or king. Personally I never had a signifier card, no one card can be a person day to day. I would say forget that and move forward. The cards are a tool for what you already have, the more you practice the more you will be able to interpret your intuition. The magic is already inside of you, it is not in the cards. It is how you interact with the cards.

Rpm

thanks for the feedback everyone :)