Question for Aeon

Professor X

I saw on one of your old posts on another thread that you gave a explanation of the word Satan. I found it to be quite interesting.

You explained the breakdown of the word as thus follows:

Satan=ShTN - Fire- Light- Sexual Force.

Shin= Fire
Teth= Light
Nun= Sexual Force.

I am also reading 777 right now as well and checked there and I made the connections to what you mentioned.

Do you have any more info you can give about this aspect. Seeing that the word Satan is not really a evil word is a eye opener. It really shows just how blinded people have been by false religious and cultural teachings.

Also I see that the Baphomet is not a evil symbol as well. Do you have any info on that subject?

Professor X

Does Aeon still come to the forum?

Always Wondering

I think sometimes he gets busy. He's been gone longer than this and come back. He may respond to a PM.

:(
AW

t.town.troy

Professor X said:
Also I see that the Baphomet is not a evil symbol as well. Do you have any info on that subject?
Try Levis' "Transcendental Magic" for a classical description.

Professor X

Thanks I will give that a try.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
Seeing that the word Satan is not really a evil word is a eye opener. It really shows just how blinded people have been by false religious and cultural teachings.
Satan is only evil within the context of Christianity. Outside of that context it can have any number of meanings.
If you equate Satan with the Serpent then he becomes the Messiah, Kundalini, the HGA, or just another veil before Tiphareth.
Professor X said:
Why would Baphomet be an evil symbol? Because it might happen to look like a Christian conception of the devil? Crowley used the symbolism because Baphomet represents the divine androgyne - male and female in one. He also linked the name to Father Mithras, so it became another solar archetype. Look at where the Baphomet card (Atu XV) is on the Tree of Life. ;)

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
Why would Baphomet be an evil symbol? Because it might happen to look like a Christian conception of the devil? Crowley used the symbolism because Baphomet represents the divine androgyne - male and female in one. He also linked the name to Father Mithras, so it became another solar archetype. Look at where the Baphomet card (Atu XV) is on the Tree of Life. ;)

Here is a good link I found on the history of the Baphomet.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Baphomet (Page 2 has a nice set of Thelemic links)

I didnt get the androgyne part until I saw that the picture has breasts.

Very interesting. I will have to research this symbol even more.

Professor X

I see that the Devil is a card of physical solutions. A sign that you need a new type of beginning on the physical plane. A card that shows you have some issues/energies that need to be transmuated into a new form.
Of course this meaning is definitely altered by the prescence of the other cards in the reading.

I see that the Devil is not a bad card but one of enlightenment.
If you have a issue that needs working on you definitely need to KNOW about it in order to change things. Thats where this card comes into play.

A card that indicates you need to transform yourself to a higher level and move past the issue at hand. It lets you know where a problem is going to present itself if your asking about something relating to the future. If you are asking about something in the present it lets you know what is currently wrong.

It is a card that shows something better is likely getting ready to come on the scene once you get past the current issue.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
I see that the Devil is a card of physical solutions. A sign that you need a new type of beginning on the physical plane.
Yes! Creative energy in it's most physical form. ;)
Professor X said:
I see that the Devil is not a bad card but one of enlightenment.
Bingo! :thumbsup:
The Devil may be fully immersed in the physical world, but his Third Eye is open. (Ayin = Eye) That's what makes him the Lord of the Gates of Matter.

Of course if the Eye should be closed then the material aspect dominates, and you get all the traditionally negative associations.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
Bingo! :thumbsup:
The Devil may be fully immersed in the physical world, but his Third Eye is open. (Ayin = Eye) That's what makes him the Lord of the Gates of Matter.

Of course if the Eye should be closed then the material aspect dominates, and you get all the traditionally negative associations.

Now this makes PERFECT SENSE. Now I have a full understanding of what the card means. It is so funny you mentioned this Aeon. Last night I was using 777 to show all the Qabbalistic connections to the Devil card at path 26 on the tree of life. I did notice the Ayin connection from the hebrew alphabet.

So the Devil is the lord of the physical,he sees everything with his third eye and provides clear guidance. Excellent. I will have to probe even to the meanings of subject matter like this.