didnt get the Thoth I ordered, should I keep it anyway?

StarscreamF15

HearthCricket said:
At this point I would keep the large one, contact the seller and leave negative feedback for it being the wrong item (or see if they will at least give you a discount for their mistake) and look for a greenie on the trading post and ask for pictures before committing to it. I have seen them up there, so just keep your eyes peeled. You can always contact Tarot Garden, as well, and see if Jeannette can scurry one up for you. She is very good at that!

mmmm if they did give me a partial refund even though it was at a great price to begin with that just might not make that deck feel 'wrong' to me after all. I hate to be materialistic about it but finances are tight for me and I know lots of other people. That deck was a splurge and what I thought was a lucky find. I wouldnt feel so bad about it ot the deck after all, if I did get some sort of refund. I think I will suggest that to them.

And I am considering a subscription here because I do have a couple of decks I would like to trade/sell and, yes, this would be a place to locate my Greenie Thoth. ^_^

HearthCricket

Hey finances are tight for everyone! I would write to them and do a bit of bargaining. It will cost someone to pay for the shipping and handling of the deck back before they go ahead with the fuss of giving you a refund, etc. If they give you a discount (3-5 dollars maybe??) you keep the deck and promise to give them a very nice review. And everyone wins. :)

Lillie

Sorry to be ignorant here,
But are greenies actually worth something these days?

gregory

Lillie said:
Sorry to be ignorant here,
But are greenies actually worth something these days?
Yes, dear. *pats head* (PS I'm laughing :D)

ETA to be fair that auction says quite clearly that it was a 1988 print. Which knocks out all BUT the USG green boxes etc. White boxes were way earlier.

And there's an ISBN - as I recall white boxes have none.... But the picture is VERY NAUGHTY.

StarscreamF15

I dont know to be honest. I must admit though Ive seen them on eBay from time to time for a pretty fair chunk of change. But Ive also read where they arent that liked, and yet are liked. I think some sellers on eBay try to cash in on the fact that they are misprints (with the varying shades of green wash). A misprint of anything /is/ generally worth more from my experience in other areas/items.

I just want one because something about them just really appeal to me, not for any collectible purpose. Had what I ordered truly been a greenie it would have been tough NOT opening it. LOL I am slowly getting back up copies of my tarot decks and I actually thought I was killing two birds with one stone with that thoth; get my back up and get the greenie. But I dont think there would have been much of a chance Id have left it untouched. hehe

I also read I think in an archived thread here (in a google search that brought it up) that the Greenies some feel have an unusual energy about them. that intrigues me too.

gregory

Post an ISO for a greenie when you become a subscriber. You may be pleasantly surprised :)

I have to warn you that some really are HUGELY greener than others. I bought a WONDERFULLY green one on ebay once; sadly there was a card missing, so when someone else here had a different card missing, I sent him the missing one from mine. He is still getting over the shock; it sticks out like a sore thumb. Since then I have bought three more in the hope of getting another that green (well I lie, one I bought to get the red and black UCH card...) No luck yet.

Lillie

gregory said:
Yes, dear. *pats head* (PS I'm laughing :D)

ETA to be fair that auction says quite clearly that it was a 1988 print. Which knocks out all BUT the USG green boxes etc. White boxes were way earlier.

And there's an ISBN - as I recall white boxes have none.... But the picture is VERY NAUGHTY.

No!
I have a greenie (very green) from about 2000. It has a bar code and ISBN on it's white box, and a web site and an email address in the LWB.

True. I'll do pics if you like.

OK, I didn't buy it new. I got it off ebay, but the seller said he had bought it around 2000 and the web stuff pretty much ties in with that. No such thing in '88!

As for cost. Well, I've seen some silly prices on ebay, but I just can't get my head round them being worth more than a tenner.
I wouldn't pay more than a tenner.

gregory

Oh - OK on the ISBN and date. But others WOULD pay more than a tenner. I even would.

Is your greenie greener than mine ? Didja look ? (oops, no; mine lives in Canada... OK....)

Lillie

It's a good healthy green in the borders.

Some of the cards have a strange greenish pastel effect in the picture.

As for the greenies have a weird vibe thing.
Well, I don't know.

Never felt mine did.

gregory

Lillie said:
It's a good healthy green in the borders.

Some of the cards have a strange greenish pastel effect in the picture.

As for the greenies have a weird vibe thing.
Well, I don't know.

Never felt mine did.
How would YOU tell ??? }) You could outvibe any Thoth deck.... :D