The Book of Lies

Professor X

I just purchased it today and I am getting ready to dig into it and start reading. I have been wanting to get this one for a while and I finally saw a copy today at my local occult shop.

I have loved the excerpts I have seen of this book in other writings of Crowleys and I look foward to seeing what this book is all about.

For those who have already read it have you got any thoughts you would like to add in? I would assume a lot of these writing can be applied to better decoding and understanding the Thoth deck.

ravenest

My first book on Crowley read at age 17. I had no idea WTF it was about ... at first. Those commentaries written after each chapter a greta help.

And yes, its all interrelated, The Thoth is the picture book of the system, and all parts of the sytem are just fascets of the whole, however apparently simple or complex.

Professor X

I love the commentaries,they add so much depth to what has been written by Crowley. The commentaries in most instances seem to be a book of knowledge unto themselves and are just as crucial as the body of knowledge which put forth by the Book of Lies itself.