The Book of the Law Study Group 2.74

Aeon418

Verse 74 is also the 140th verse of Liber AL. 140 is MLKIM(Melekim), Kings.

Kings automatically makes me think of Atu IV The Emperor, sitting in his throne in the position of the alchemical symbol of Sulphur. That symbol projected onto the Tree of Life suggests to me the Empress line from Liber Arcanorum.
3. The Virgin of God is enthroned upon an oyster-shell; she is like a pearl, and seeketh Seventy to her Four. In her heart is Hadit the invisible glory.
Seventy to her Four. 74, the number of this verse.
The Empress is the Gate to the Supernal Triad. The Seventy that she seeks is a referrence to the Middle Pillar and also Atu XV The Devil.
Now place the Empress above the Devil. Notice how conspicuous the green mound below the Empress is? It's the same Phallic mound from the Sun card. A mound that Crowley says you would expect to be red. ;) The Empress has been "penetrated". Union has been achieved. But the King, even though he desires death/climax, lives long!!!!

Exceed! Exceed! Strive ever to more.

Always Wondering

I am begining to suspect that all this foreplay is a distraction from the underlying issue.

Liber LXV
5:51 Let not the failure and the pain turn aside the worshippers.

Well, to put it bluntly, it's hard!

How's that for a metaphore? :|

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Well, to put it bluntly, it's hard!

How's that for a metaphore? :|
You see, you do get it. :thumbsup: :laugh:

Grigori

I'm refraining from making jokes about just how much length that longing has. Just barely refraining.

Always Wondering

On the floor laughing because I get bitchy and you guys just laugh at me.

I thought maybe I would be in for a lecture.

Where have you been all my life?

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
On the floor laughing because I get bitchy and you guys just laugh at me.
You were being bitchy? I didn't notice. :laugh:

Don't forget the remainder of that verse you quoted.
Liber LXV 5:51 .... The foundations of the pyramid were hewn in the living rock ere sunset; did the king weep at dawn that the crown of the pyramid was yet unquarried in the distant land?
No, he doesn't start blubbing. He just carries on building, confident in the knowledge that one day it will be finished. When is irrelevant.

Also...
Liber LXV 5:49 Let not the dwellers in Thebai and the temples thereof prate ever of the Pillars of Hercules and the Ocean of the West. Is not the Nile a beautiful water?
If your current stage of development is building a pyramid on the banks Nile, then anything beyond your home town of Thebai is of no importance to you and your own Great Work. Only the work at hand is important.

And...
Liber LXV 5:50 Let not the priest of Isis uncover the nakedness of Nuit, for every step is a death and a birth. The priest of Isis lifted the veil of Isis, and was slain by the kisses of her mouth. Then was he the priest of Nuit, and drank of the milk of the stars.
The work at hand is the most important to you right now. The work that enables you to make the next step is the only thing that matters, even if it seems trivial or of no importance. Every Priest of Nuit begins as a Priest of Isis. (Isis being a lesser and lower manifestation of Nuit.)
Unless you're planning on doing a Frater Achad impersonation? ;)

And a final thought. There are lots a humming birds praying for poison from the horned cerastes. But Ibis are very rare. ;) LXV 5:52-56

Grigori

Notice how conspicuous the green mound below the Empress is? It's the same Phallic mound from the Sun card. A mound that Crowley says you would expect to be red. ;)

Can you point to the reference for that for me Aeon, I can't spot it in the BoT

Aeon418

Grigori said:
Can you point to the reference for that for me Aeon, I can't spot it in the BoT
Can do! It's in the Sun chapter, page 114, fourth paragraph. Happy? :D

It's also interesting to note that on page 113 Crowley calls the Zodiac, "one girdle of Our Lady of infinite space." Guess who's wearing the other Zodiac girdle? ;)

Here's a throw-away comment. Daleth Resh (Dar) - Pearl.
3. The Virgin of God is enthroned upon an oyster-shell; she is like a pearl, and seeketh Seventy to her Four. In her heart is Hadit the invisible glory.
The Ace of Cups always reminds me of an Oyster for some reason.

Aeon418

And we had better not forget Nuit on the Devil card either! })

Ring! Ring! :laugh:

There's a ring-wall in the Sun card too.