dummies guide to the thoth tarot

Bhavana

here is a scan of the FOOL in the book ( THE CROWLEY TAROT - the handbook to the cards ) these a just a tease of what is in the book, I am posting this so you can get a good idea of what and how this book is so helpful when learning the thoth.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i460/IronSideArt/foolpg1.jpg
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i460/IronSideArt/foolpg2.jpg

on page 3 of the fool has the interpretations. it goes into background (the circle of cration)
General
Consciousness
Profession
Relationship

Then page 4
Analogous Correlations

Archetypes and symbols

Accociations and perceptions

Then leaving you with a quotation:

thanks for this - like having the book in my hands to look thru and make a decision about buying - very helpful.

gregory

really????
D:
damn I had my hopes in that one , I read the review about the suggested book, and somethings worried me about it... BUT its the one everybody think I should star with , folowed by thoth tarot compnion by whatsitsname , and then perhbaps finnaly ._: the book of thoth...
D: seems like a long journey but I so know that it will be worth it <3

Mirror of the Soul is JUST AWFUL. I still resent the $2 I spent on that.

The Book of Thoth is available FREE on line - I haven't the link with me, but I'm sure grigori knows where it is.

Minotauro

The Book of Thoth is available FREE on line - I haven't the link with me, but I'm sure grigori knows where it is.
yesss I thought I would b because it is pretty old.

oh , dont worry X) I've been warned about that one lol, but really even if I was to spend a lot on those books , I could seel it very expensively in my country lol X) thats just how it is

Freddie

Gregory is right. I bought mine from a charity shop and I should bought myself a donut or ice cream instead. If you want a lighter weight book that uses Thoth you might want to try 'New Age Tarot' by James Wanless. This book provides worksheets for all 22 major arcana and offers realistic archetypes for the court cards. It offers many helpful ideas for 'reading the cards' . The author right from the start of this book lets the reader know that the book is based on New Age thinking and that it is not a manual for the Thoth. He seems to respect the deck and the symbolism used within it.

The Book of Thoth is still the best book ever written on this deck.

Freddie

P.S.: If I can find 'Mirror' you can have it.

Lady Iron Side

thanks for this - like having the book in my hands to look thru and make a decision about buying - very helpful.

You will so enjoy this book, I was quite impressed with this, exspecially when I have the book of thoth in hand and the cards in the other. I read what is written in the thoth, then read what written in the Crowley Tarot - Handbook to the Cards. and I am not kidding the lights go on, and you GET IT, then you have Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo Duquette , and this make it all so clear, the Thoth world totally opens up... I now love my thoth deck.

The Crowley Tarot - Handbook to the cards looks fantastic from the cards! My Thoth deck has been giving me a bit of a nudge lately telling me to pick it up again...

Yeah my poor Thoth sat for months cause I was missing that little piece of the puzzle, but now with finding that GEM of a book in a secondhand book shop all the pieces fit. I so have a more understanding, there is stil;l lots to learn, just happy the gap is now bridged.

Lady Iron Side

Oh Freddie - DON'T spread the infection :D

Yeah Please don't spread the infection, you'll have the flu for many months, you will need to get vaccinated first before you decide to read "Mirror of the Soul ", honestly don't even waste your time, IMO this book totally bite's the dust. I couldn't get rid of fast enough so I dropped it of at the nearest salvation army...lol :D Oh and guess what they do to books on Tarot or any type of books on spirituallity other than the Bible. Picture hot dogs and marshmellows. lol The Days of book burning or now the Garbage dump.

Barleywine

Yeah Please don't spread the infection, you'll have the flu for many months, you will need to get vaccinated first before you decide to read "Mirror of the Soul ", honestly don't even waste your time, IMO this book totally bite's the dust. I couldn't get rid of fast enough so I dropped it of at the nearest salvation army...lol :D Oh and guess what they do to books on Tarot or any type of books on spirituallity other than the Bible. Picture hot dogs and marshmellows. lol The Days of book burning or now the Garbage dump.

Aww, you can't even corrupt them with a bad tarot book? In the "old days" that one would have been right there with the Montgomery Ward catalog in the "three-holer" out back ;)

gregory

Aww, you can't even corrupt them with a bad tarot book? In the "old days" that one would have been right there with the Montgomery Ward catalog in the "three-holer" out back ;)

There's BAD and Rather Exciting, and then there is dangerously infectious.... })