The Book of The Law 3.35

Always Wondering

As many times as I read these three names, and work them out they still confuse me.

Crowley says Huru-ra-ha combines Horus plus Ra plus Spirit. So Spirit is Ha, but then he talks about He which is both the Angel and Nuit. :confused:

I can see that Ha and He have the vowels interchanged again. I'm getting used to that.

I think it helps me to think in layers more than seperate things. If my assumptions here a correct.

AW

Aeon418

Aleister Crowley said:
The Great Work is the uniting of opposites. It may mean the uniting of the soul with God, of the microcosm with the macrocosm, of the female with the male, of the ego with the non-ego—or what not.

Heru-ra-ha transliterated into Hebrew is HRV RA HA = 418. The Great Work!

You can see Heru-ra-ha on the Aeon card. He is R.H.K. and Harpocrates. The first represents the active, manifest form of Horus. The latter is his passive, unmanifest aspect. Both of these aspects are united and balanced in Heru-ra-ha.

Heru is Horus.

Ra is the Egyptian sun god. Also Resh/Atu XIX - Aleph/Atu 0 suggests the expressive manifestion of the child Horus.

Ha Heh/Atu XVII - Aleph/Atu 0 suggests the concealed babe in the egg of blue. The blue egg relates to Nuit. Inside the unborn child, Harpocrates. The letter Heh is also related to Spirit because of it's connection to the divine breath of Genesis.

11 words in this verse made up of 56 letters.

Grigori

The start of this line raises a few question for me. What can we take it to mean by starting with "half of the word"? What is Heru-ra-ha's word? Not his name surely, or it would just say "name". I'd expect the next line of this chapter to be along the lines of "and the word of Heru-ra-ha is______" but it doesn't happen.

Is it really a word we are looking for, or is Heru-ra-he being referred to as "the word", in a similar sense to the logos?

Aeon418

Is it really a word we are looking for, or is Heru-ra-he being referred to as "the word", in a similar sense to the logos?
I see the entire third chapter as the word of Heru-ra-ha. This verse kind of feels like an intermission, just like they used to have at the movies years ago. (Although you're probably too young to remember, and I'm starting to sound like an old fart. :laugh:)

In the previous verse there was the end of the Aeon of Horus that also doubled as the climax to an initiatory theme that has been going since verse 1. The present verse seems be a dividing line between two subjects. In other words Heru-ra-ha is basically saying, "I've said as much as I want to say on this subject (verses 1-34), now it's time to move onto something else.

My gut instinct tells me there is a hidden meaning in this verse, but I don't know what it is. I keep thinking of AL I:24 where Nuit's word is said to be six and fifty. Is it a coincidence that a this verse contains 56 letters?

Always Wondering

You can see Heru-ra-ha on the Aeon card. He is R.H.K. and Harpocrates. The first represents the active, manifest form of Horus. The latter is his passive, unmanifest aspect. Both of these aspects are united and balanced in Heru-ra-ha.

Oh yeah, and there's the layers also. Crowley's comment had me focused on The Lovers and Zain.
Speaking of which, is the any quabilistic meaning to dreams? My focus on The Lovers has me dreaming about kissing everyone. :laugh:

Grigori said:
The start of this line raises a few question for me.
It is jolting to me and I got all dualistic, my brain playing pingpong for quite a while. I went with it. :laugh: And had all these profound thoughts that sounded like garbage the next day. :laugh:

AW

Aeon418

Speaking of which, is the any quabilistic meaning to dreams? My focus on The Lovers has me dreaming about kissing everyone. :laugh:
Dreams can have qabalistic content if you happen to be the sort of person who feeds their subconscious with qabalistic symbolism. ;) Your subconscious may be trying to tell you something through a symbol you have deliberately planted within it. This is how the correspondences work as a symbolic language that bridges the gap between your conscious and subconscious mind.

This kind of symbolic communication happens all the time to everyone. The problem is that the majority of the symbols that get fed into the subconscious were picked up at random throughout life, so when the subconscious tries to tell us something we don't know what is being said because we don't understand the symbols being used. Internalising the correspondences is like installing your subconscious with new software, and you've got the user manual.

Always Wondering

Dreams can have qabalistic content if you happen to be the sort of person who feeds their subconscious with qabalistic symbolism. ;) Your subconscious may be trying to tell you something through a symbol you have deliberately planted within it. This is how the correspondences work as a symbolic language that bridges the gap between your conscious and subconscious mind.

This kind of symbolic communication happens all the time to everyone. The problem is that the majority of the symbols that get fed into the subconscious were picked up at random throughout life, so when the subconscious tries to tell us something we don't know what is being said because we don't understand the symbols being used. Internalising the correspondences is like installing your subconscious with new software, and you've got the user manual.

So I take it, understanding the symbol of kissing through other quabalistic work wouldn't be very helpful? It's not necessarily universal?

AW

Craxiette

Sorry to interrupt...this is just too funny not to share! :laugh:

You can't have missed the story about how the world was going to end in may this year, according to Harold Camping, right? (Does anyone know btw what "gematria" he used to cook that story up??) Anyhow, when it didn't happen, he came up with some lame excuse and postponed the date to october 21 -today!

Last night, lying in bed I was thinking about this and how I would react if it actually happened. Billions of people all dying at once in some great disaster. I went to sleep and this is the dream I had:

I was lying on a bed which was standing out in the open on the beach. Suddenly, a fish falls out of my...yoni! It jumps around on the ground and it's huge gills start pulsating heavily. I'm a bit upset and say "I think the fish can't breathe so it's dying!" A guy walks past me and giggles, he says "Oh, no! It is just having an orgasm!"

Death trump, anyone!? :laugh:

Always Wondering

What a great dream. My dreams are never funny.

AW