Lust Card

Aeon418

Interesting about the TOWER...wow! Food for thought is right!
Is it just with the THOTH that this exists or other types like RW etc?
Decks that are based on the same astrological system carry the same meaning. The RWS is one such deck.

In both decks the Tower is related to the planet Mars. This indicates powerful, dynamic, passionate, explosive energy. How this is interpreted depends upon the context of the reading. In a sexual context you've got all the fiery passion you could want in this card. Think of the old cliche, "did the earth move for you?" It does in the Tower card. :laugh:
Also in it's most crude and literal sense the Tower represents the penis struck by the "lightening" of orgasm.

The Devil card is related to the sign of Capricorn. This is the sign in which Mars is exalted. :thumbsup: Most interpretations of the Devil card focus excessively on the the dark Saturnian side of Capricorn. Mention the Devil card around these forums and the first two words you will hear are "obsession" and "addiction". And it usually goes no further. :rolleyes: But there is another side to this card that relates to the exaltation of Mars. All the explosive Mars qualities of the Tower are at their best in the Devil card because of the directing, stiff, rigid, and hard nature of Capricorn. (Just look at the card. :laugh:) This is why the Devil is a card of immense creativity. Being creative isn't just about being full of energy, it's also about direction and focus. Lust can be very focusing. ;)

ravenest

I

You were happy when you thought it was just innocent Christian marketing (All Saints Day.....Christian Festival), but anything American pervading your space was too far for your comfort zone? Oh, Ravenest, I thought you were more edgy and radical than that! :D

I sounded happy??? Okay then :) Nah, that lame exuse, which made no sense, was where I decided to end the conversation, a linguistic moving of the goalposts.

The goddamnamericans comment relates to the bit before the brackets. :laugh: okay, fair enough I'll rephrase: God damn NORTH Americans ... nah, how about - stupid Australian commercial institutions adopting northern hemisphere seasonal celebrations! And the people that follow it - (its nearly christmas - time to break out the spray on santa snow - I'll blame that on the English!).

DownUnderNZer

I have so much to learn....relearn....and learn new with the TAROT!