Princess of Disks is screaming at me

Aset

This card just came up four times in the course of trying to read for myself, including once when I was trying to clarify the PoD after mistakenly putting the card back in the deck and reshuffling (so I basically clarified the PoD with the PoD). In trying to figure out what the significance of this is, I've been pondering different aspects of her.

Is this a card about patience? She's pregnant and it appears to be winter where she is which always makes me think of hibernation. A seed is planted, all that is left is to let it come to fruition. Also, how does she relate to the Universe card, for example? Logically I feel like there should be a correlation since both are the end of some cycle, but to me the PoD just doesn't feel as much like a conclusion as the Universe; it's really more about the beginning than the end. Thoughts?

Grigori

Thinking of similarities between the PoD and the Universe:

If we're talking about pregnancy the Universe is surrounded by a Vesica Pisces, which is a nice way of saying giant vagina. In this card I've often seen it as giving birth in a 'complete' sort of a sense, or a finished product.

The Universe is also attributed to Earth as the final card in the Major Arcana series, similarly the Princesses are attributed to Earth as the final card in the Court series. They both have a relationship to the 'finished product'. Earth is also the last in the series Fire-Water-Air-Earth, so nowhere further to go than the Princess of Disks, but start all over again with the Knight/Ace of Fire. I think 'redintigration by Spirit' is I think Crowley's way of describing it (see the 10 of Disks, which also references Hades, the land where Chronos sleeps)

Universe is also attributed to Saturn, the slowest moving planet and related to Chronos the time keeper. So I'd say a definate meaning could be 'patience', or at least 'all things in their time' (I'm trying not to break out into a Beatles song at this point :laugh: )

Earth of course can be related to Winter, its also dry and cold, as is Saturn.

So yeah, all you're saying makes lots of sense to me.

Aset

Thank you for your thoughts on it, Grigori :)

Zechariah13

Connecting the Universe to the Princess of Pents?

Well, the Universe is the Elemental Trump of Earth, and the Pentacle Princess is the Earthy Aspect of Earth.

The Pent Princess is the last of the Minors (depending on how you count your courts) and the Universe is the last of the majors, both of which of course represent materialization in the material and the prelude to the new beginning (ace of wands and fool)

I perosnally have found that there are several minors and course that are like little versions of majors, so maybe the Pentacle Princess (damn that sounds like an anime character) may be the lesser version of the Universe card