Lust of result?

Abrac

"Lust of result" is a strong attachment to things having to go your way. For example, I may need transportation. If I get it in my head I have to have my own automobile, and one that's exactly like I think it should be, and it has to come from a certain country and cost a certain amount, etc., etc., etc., that's lust of result. If my expectations are inconsistent with my reality, my lust of result can get in the way of my acquiring the transportation I need, or even cause harm to myself and others in the process. A better approach is to allow the transportation to come in the best possible way that's consistent with my reality. In that case, I might be able to acquire the car of my dreams, but I may have to go with hitchhiking, a different car, public transport, or any number of other options. :)

Grigori

Is there any place I can find information on Thelema? But not to deep, at least not yet, something like you would read on the back of a book, or Thelema for dummies? Like I said, I feel I understand the concepts, but can't translate that into words.

I think Rodney Orpheus's ABRAHADABRA would be useful.
http://www.amazon.com/Abrahadabra-Understanding-Aleister-Crowleys-Thelemic/dp/1578633265

It's a introduction to the principles of Thelema with practical exercises that is light on obscure theory or word quotes and quite friendly in tone. Much more approachable than other "beginners guides to thelema" that I've read.

Zephyros

Thanks for the info, I'll check them out, even my plate is far too full as it is. I'm currently reading Book T, the Book of Thoth, using the Duquette book as a guide and textbook, another book about Kabbalah, trying to learn the astrological symbols by heart (anything more than that in astrology makes my head explode), issues of the Equinox and the Crowley-Harris letters all at the same time.

Aeon418

Is there any place I can find information on Thelema?
Another author worth checking out is Gerald del Campo. He wrote an introductory book called, New Aeon Magick: Thelema without tears, back in the 1990's. It's been expanded and reprinted several times since. I think the last reprint was under the title, The Heretics Guide to Thelema. A quick author search on Amazon should bring it up.

If you don't really want to part with your cash there is an early draft of the book on the internet. Unfortunately it's hosted on another forum, so I can't post a link. If you're interested I will PM you the address.

Zephyros

Thanks, that would be nice!

Notice I left out the Book of Law from my list, I can't face that at all yet.

perdurabofan

"Lust of result" is a strong attachment to things having to go your way. For example, I may need transportation. If I get it in my head I have to have my own automobile, and one that's exactly like I think it should be, and it has to come from a certain country and cost a certain amount, etc., etc., etc., that's lust of result. If my expectations are inconsistent with my reality, my lust of result can get in the way of my acquiring the transportation I need, or even cause harm to myself and others in the process. A better approach is to allow the transportation to come in the best possible way that's consistent with my reality. In that case, I might be able to acquire the car of my dreams, but I may have to go with hitchhiking, a different car, public transport, or any number of other options. :)

Thank You! "Strong attachment" are well choosen
words. Like having an investment in an outcome?
Almost like investing in the conventional sense
where "it has to work. I'm leveraged to the gills."
And then markets, like the Universe, does whatever
it wants anyway. LOL.

I'm too organised for my own good. I allways have
a strong attachment to an outcome to justify the
investment of time spent planning and/or day
about how things should be.

perdurabofan

Thanks, that would be nice!

Notice I left out the Book of Law from my list, I can't face that at all yet.
Some of the opening lines in Chapter lll almost sound
like we are facing it on the Internet.
4. "Choose ye an Island!" Cyber Space?
5. "Fortify it!" fire walls, anti virus?
6. "Dung it about with enginery of war!"
Hacker gangs linking their computers?
7. "I will give you a war-engine." Computers?