TAROT de PARIS study group

SongDeva

Please, mom, you live in Maine. It's only a short swim.

The Ace of Air is what captured me and drew me to the deck for months I think.
The eight of fire is currently my favorite.
I just love the dragon.
And a certain aspect of my life is full speed ahead right now, much like that card.

Lara

FaerieStorm

Favorite Card

My favorite majors are the Veil, Nature and Alchemy.

The Veil is great because it's SO High Preistess to me.

The multiple uses of Venus/Aphrodite in Nature makes for a perfect Empress.

And Alchemy is such a unique way of seeing Temperance. And the image itself is really cool because of all the random symbols used.

By the way, anyone who is interested in Parisian art should read THE DaVINCI CODE, I'm reading it now and it is such a great book. It mixes art, religion/spirituality and mystery all into one. And, so far, it takes place in France.

Summerdream

Hello Tarot de Paris study group!

I just had to share that I received my print of the Ace of Air today in the mail and the new issue of Tarot de Paris for winning the broken sword contest.

First off, the new deck is fabulous. When you compare the cards side by side, this deck is much better card stock, also each card has a protective layer of gloss and all the edges are smooth. It seems to bring the colors of the cards out better too. This second printing is sooo much better than the first. My oldest daughter asked me if she could now inherit the first edition copy and I have bestowed it to her.

Secondly, the artprint of the Ace of Air is breathtaking. I have already hung it in my bedroom in an 11 x 14 print. Incredible.

Thank you so much JPT. I will treasure them forever. I hope he gives out more copies of the second edition to members of this study group so you all have a chance to get the new improved edition quickly.

Momof3girls:))

SongDeva

Mom,
We are all too jealous to reply. heheheheh

Songdeva

Gardener

Count me in on this study group. I received the Tarot de Paris last week and have been drawing out the get-acquainted process, looking at just a few cards a day. But after getting caught up on these posts, I broke down and spread out all the cards and just wallowed in them. (Not literally!) They glow with a soft beauty that is unique among the cards. I'm more of an analytical type, in a hurry to come up with "the" answer, so the calm of these cards is a welcome invitation to slow down. To take my time and let the cards sink into my vision before beginning the analysis.

Do any of you see a similarity to Frieda Harris' work, in the way Thomas suggests the flow of mystical energies on many of the cards?

SongDeva

Welcome Gardener. Glad to hear you broke down and wallowed. The energy of these cards is such that although I'm loathe to slow down, I'm well aware that if I would, they would take the opportunity to speak with me. :)

Lara

Myrrha

Is anyone still studying this deck?

More than any other deck right now these cards are appealing to me both emotionally and intellectually. Because there is so much emotion and also so much thought in this deck it seems perfect to study. I hope others will start posting again as that would be more fun and interesting.

People were talking about their favorite cards in this thread. Mine are:

Five of Water, Five of Matter, Six of Air, Nine of Matter- emotion portrayed with cloudscapes, water, light and darkness. Wonderful.

Presence, The Crossing, The Star- images very intelligently rethough. Strong symbolism.

--Myrrha

augursWell

This is still one of my favorite decks. I particularly like the simplification of the four suits into Matter, Water, Air and Fire instead of some symbolic object that you're not quite sure what it refers to. It brings a straight forward kind of feel to the Minor Arcana cards. And of course the imagery of every card provides all kinds of inspiration.

annik

It gives me the urge to get my copy of the Tarot of Paris and look at it all over again.

Myrrha

AugersWell and Annik I'm so glad you posted! What do you think? Is three people enough to revive the study group?

How would it be if each of you picked one card to write about and start a thread for it? Then we can each write about all three cards (I've already started one) if we want to. That sounds more fun than going in order.

Inspiring as the deck is there are a few cards that leave me thinking "huh what?" and it would be great to get someone else's take on them.

We could also start a thread about symbols and objects that appear throughout the deck. Ships, silver and gold, the fleur de lys, the broken sword, bridges. I love all the bridges, just looking at them I feel like "OK, you *can* get there from here" It is healing somehow.

What have you done with your TdP scarves? I am going to try to frame it to hang in my tarot area. For now it is taped carefully to my wall with masking tape. It is very beautiful and almost hypnotic.

--Myrrha