"Accurate" "experienced" readers

Reverie

Hey folks

Just out of curiosity I am starting a thread of readers who consider themselves to be accurate at sizing up situations and predicting the future...

Please share if so and what medium works most well for you.

I guess that means I have to share too!

I am taking a break from serious reading for others because I'm just having too many health problems right now.

HOWEVER, when I'm well, and by the past, I've been told that I'm very accurate. I capture the psychological aspects of situations well and have been known to predict outcomes well too.

I can say that reading for myself though, I'll often think my cards made sense when looking back.

I started reading about 2003. I do almost exclusively tarot.

So go ahead, please share!

I'm sorry I will not reply personally to everyone, my wrist is still on the mend and I'm saving typing where possible.

IndigoViolet

Hey folks

Just out of curiosity I am starting a thread of readers who consider themselves to be accurate at sizing up situations and predicting the future...

Please share if so and what medium works most well for you.

I guess that means I have to share too!

I am taking a break from serious reading for others because I'm just having too many health problems right now.

HOWEVER, when I'm well, and by the past, I've been told that I'm very accurate. I capture the psychological aspects of situations well and have been known to predict outcomes well too.

I can say that reading for myself though, I'll often think my cards made sense when looking back.

I started reading about 2003. I do almost exclusively tarot.

So go ahead, please share!

I'm sorry I will not reply personally to everyone, my wrist is still on the mend and I'm saving typing where possible.

This is something that even I, is very so curious. The remarks I have got, *if* I get one, is that I always was accurate in a way that it surprised the querent, and surprised myself too.

For self reading, I found that I kept looking at the reading I have done and that made a lot of sense.

There was a time where after I started to pick up Tarot, practicing but not only not doing so well at it but a crappy job, along with problems, I dropped Tarot for at least half a year, or perhaps on and off longer, I picked it up again after I had been trying to improve both my life and my English vocabulary.

Well, I improved a lot and wondered why... When I thought of it, part of what I did in readings is applying what I both knew and experienced that time, along with intuition. I have never quite expected that would happen.

Citrin

I’ve recently done A LOT of free readings on Biddy Tarot, in exchange for feedback. And I must say I’ve been surprised at how positive the feedback has been. The only ”negative” feedback has been in terms of ”I wish you would’ve done the CC, it’s so famous” or ”I wish the reading was a little longer” or ”I wish you would’ve explained each card in a bit more detail”. But when it comes to positive feedback regarding so called accuracy people have been really positive about it. And to be honest I rarely focus on future events, I rather try to focus on what the seeker can do to influence the future situation in a positive way to get what he/she wants. So I don’t consider myself a predictive reader, but I’m surprised to see that a lot of my querents have replied saying I very much picked up on who they are, how people around them have acted, that it sounds very probable the ”future positions” will turn out they way I’ve written etc…

Maybe I’m more of a predictive reader than I thought lol. I can really recommend doing free readings in exchange for feedback because you learn a lot about your reading style and how to improve it. I'm not planning to become a professional reader but I still want to develop my tarot skills, and it has really helped. :)

(I’ve purchased a reading from you Reverie, and I really enjoyed it so in my book you’re a great tarot reader! :) )

Reverie

Thank you both for sharing!

Maybe I’m more of a predictive reader than I thought lol. I can really recommend doing free readings in exchange for feedback because you learn a lot about your reading style and how to improve it. I'm not planning to become a professional reader but I still want to develop my tarot skills, and it has really helped. :)

(I’ve purchased a reading from you Reverie, and I really enjoyed it so in my book you’re a great tarot reader! :) )

That's very exciting!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed my reading. When I'm reading for others, I actually really enjoy it. Maybe one day in the future when I'm happy with the way things are going, I will jump back into it :)

nisaba

I've been reading since the late 1970s, early 1980s for actual money. Does that make me experienced?

I loathe the judgementality implied in the word "accurate". All I'll say is that in the past, my clients have been inclined to recommend me, and to come back for follow-ups.

Reverie

Thanks nisaba!

And of course we don't always know if it's because someone is accurate, insightful, or a good listener :)

Citrin

I loathe the judgementality implied in the word "accurate". All I'll say is that in the past, my clients have been inclined to recommend me, and to come back for follow-ups.

I also have trouble using "accurate" when it comes to tarot reading. Because what IS accurate really? Like you're saying, you've been reading tarot cards since the 70's and people are pleased with your readings and come back, so is that accurate? I'd say yes, but I think the word in this context has a tendency to mean "psychic", as in someone sits down, you pull out the cards and start saying "Last year you gave birth to a boy and today you filed for a divorce from your husband and you'd love tot travel to Australia someday." and the client is all "OMG that is correct, sooo accurate!" because that stuff is NOT what I'm doing. :p

And sometimes clients aren't aware of everything around them. They have't seen some details in their life and they might go "Nope, that doesn't sound like me at all... There's no way that will happen..." etc. And some come back saying that it took a while, but then they saw the reading that seemed so "off" was in fact very true/accurate. Some of them don't come back and you might never know if the reading was "accurate"...!?

So maybe the question is what makes a reading inaccurate, if a reading can even be inaccurate... ;)

LeFou

So maybe the question is what makes a reading inaccurate, if a reading can even be inaccurate... ;)

I agree. And maybe even the "accuracy" belongs more to the sitter than the reader? I've noticed that some sitters get more out of a one-card reading (with a solid, relevant question) than others get from an entire CC (with a less relevant question, e.g., "What does she/he think of me now...")

So maybe it's all a function of the question, and the sitter. People can be really good readers of their own cards, and often when in crisis, they -want- to look at the cards. If someone doesn't want to try reading their cards, I tend to suspect the question is fluff (but maybe they are nervous and working up to their real question).

It's amazing when people in crisis suddenly become unusually insightful regarding their issue. The best readings I've done, I did not much more than nod in agreement as the person (unintentionally) read his/her own cards. (What they remember, though, is "getting a reading.")

SwordOfTruth

I've often wondered about this. I've been reading oracles for a long time but never professionally. And when I hear people wax lyrical about their readings from various people they seem to always exclaim over some cryptic detail of their life the reader couldn't possibly know. ZOMG! Amazingly accurate! And it's been that type of thing which has always prevented me from wanting to do a paid reading.

I can't pull someone's great grandmother name out of thin air and tell them how their cousin died kind of thing. But then I've often had people return to me months/weeks after having a freebie reading and tell me that events played out as I said they would according to the cards.

So what exactly are paying clients really expecting? A Crossing Over experience or just a counselling session?

LeFou

So what exactly are paying clients really expecting? A Crossing Over experience or just a counselling session?

How about both? But also, maybe "confession" and absolution, a non-judgemental ear, a safe place to utter dark secrets alound, the possibility to "touch" the mysterious sacred eternal energy of the universe, or just some compassionate human touch when holding hands at the beginning (for the readers who do that -- I don't but I think it's beautiful).

All of these could end up being so much more significant than "accuracy," which is the mind, rather than the heart.