Playing the lottery

berrieh

9 of Pentacles would be money you earned. (The 'independence' factor.)

10 of Pentacles would be more likely for family inheritance.

2 of Pentacles might indicate a small amount of money coming in, but never a large sum. It's usually a neutral card for money - no loss, no gain, as if money comes in but goes straight out again.

Just my thoughts. :)

The crowned one

I have someone I read for, she wants me to read for her every time the lotto goes over 5 million.

One of my key cards for not buying is the 4 of coins.

Ace of coins means give it a go, as does the six of coins.

I do a three card draw for this and decide off the sum of the meaning of the draw.

BLFO

berrieh said:
9 of Pentacles would be money you earned. (The 'independence' factor.)

10 of Pentacles would be more likely for family inheritance.

2 of Pentacles might indicate a small amount of money coming in, but never a large sum. It's usually a neutral card for money - no loss, no gain, as if money comes in but goes straight out again.

Just my thoughts. :)

Hmmm,but would 10 Pentacles tell you that you have so much money, if you won the lottery, that you have way than enough for yourself, so your other family members or children and the descendents will inherit some of it like in a trustfund, mutual bonds, stocks, etc? Like you are in a position to make your family a 10 Pentacles?

And the 9 Pentacles, you have so much wealth that you are living in the lap of luxury, the big lush garden with the most likely with a beautiful house and lots of exotic pets, like she holding the exotic (tropical) bird, and fine clothing and jewelry like the woman usually wears in that card.

I understand what you are saying, but doesn't winning a large sum of money make you be or your lifestyle be the 9 or 10 Pentacles?

BLFO

I thought of another one. 5 Swords! Yes, it is not a happy card, but it is like you win something, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it, because you will think that since you have won the lottery then that everybody will want some of your money. It is like a happy win but burden at the same time.

And the Devil? Being positively, or negatively obsessesed about the money, if you won it. It is like "I am gonna buy mansions around the world, I am going to buy myself a Bentley, Lamborghini, and Porsche, and I am going to have lots of beautiful women dating me. I am going to decorate my walls with cashmere and silk wallpaper." LOL

Edited: Maybe this is not a prediction of winning but what you will feel soon after you may have won. So maybe not the best cards to find out that you won or not.

berrieh

I understand what you are saying, but doesn't winning a large sum of money make you be or your lifestyle be the 9 or 10 Pentacles?

Is it possible with other corresponding cards?
Perhaps.

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't. However, I think there are many, many more likely other 'meanings' of those cards. I think the 9 of Pentacles is much more likely to be something worked for and the 10 of Pentacles much more likely to be something built up over generations and time.

A lottery win isn't that likely; therefore, I would probably be very limited in viewing which cards were truly likely to represent a lottery windfall.

I thought of another one. 5 Swords! Yes, it is not a happy card, but it is like you win something, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it, because you will think that since you have won the lottery then that everybody will want some of your money. It is like a happy win but burden at the same time.

Perhaps with gambling that involves skill, but a game of pure chance like a lottery doesn't have the same kind of 'winning' that you usually see in the 5 of Swords, which, in my opinion, requires actually winning (besting, beating, usually through overwhelming force - physical or otherwise), rather than being lucky.

I hadn't thought of The Devil. The Devil is materialism, so could represent someone's desire to win the lottery and have lots of fancy things. If it were in place with a manifestation card and the flow suggested it would actually be achieved for some reason, I could see that, but The Devil itself would be more even more perfect represent people obsessed with winning the lottery, who constantly play and daydream about the money, rather than a win itself, I'd think.

minotaur

lottery

I don't know that any specific card means winning the lottery.

I once had a client who sailed the Great Lakes and was laid off in the winter. Every winter he would call me for a reading. Every reading was the same...will I win the lottery?

Every time the answer was no.

I think you aren't looking for any specific card or card combination...you should be reading and feeling the cards.

Just to add I once did some heavy magickal work trying to win the lottery. After much, much work, time and effort I bought the ticket that would put me on easy street.

I won $100. By the time I averaged out the hours I put into this I made slightly less than minimum wage.

It may be that there ain't no free lunch, even with magick.

Now if asked about the lottery I do their numbers and suggest that if it is their fate to win the lottery these are the numbers they will do it with.

Then I shift them to more productive efforts.

Sar

BLFO said:
I know there is a thread of people trying to see if tarot can give you the winning numbers but I haven't tried that yet.

Which thread is that?