Fool - Yes or No?

Grizabella

For me it would be a yes because with the Fool, anything is possible. Even if he stumbles into a negative situation, he's still going to see it as a positive because he doesn't know any better.

pasara

I don't generally think of each card being one or the other (yes or no,) it depends on the question and whether the energy of the card in that situation would be affirmative/negative.

GoddessArtemis

It's so interesting how everyone has a different view of the same card. :)

I have tried to see if I could see The Fool in a "yes"...I suppose, of course, it would depend on the question but about 98% of the time, I tend to see it as a "No". Here are some examples of the yes/no instances for me:

Q: Shall I take the day off today? The Fool: YES! Be free, take it easy.

Q: Can my friend see me online? The Fool: No. Too careless/not paying attention.

GA

amateur

Sometimes the Fool - for me - says :"you are a fool to ask this!" or "what a silly question" or " are you crazy?"

Awkward.turtle91

Yes

For me i'd say the fool is a yes, but it's also telling you to becareful at the same time.

Reverie

My fool is always (so far) a "no". Like how foolish.

Achlys

It depends on the type of question.
Honestly I don't consider any card a cut-and-dry yes or no card.
It always depends on the context and even positive cards can become negative depending on the question.

nisaba

That being said...I've seen conflicting opinions on The Fool: some say it's a Yes, some say it's a No (I'm in this group).

I'm curious to know how many others see it one way or another...and an explanation of why you interpret it one or another.

Sample question: If I buy a car and start driving again, will I be horribly injured in a car accident?

A yes-answer would be a negative life-event.

Sample question: Someone I love is about to catch an international flight. Will their plane be downed by terrorists?

A no-answer would be a positive life-event.

People confuse yeses with positive information, and nos with negative information, with absolutely no basis for that confusion.

I'm a great believer in pendulums for yes-no answers - the mere fact that you are asking this, indicates that the Fool speaks to you about all sorts of things rather than easily giving you a one-word answer. If I *have* to ask yes-no questions (and it hasn't happened in years), and I *have* to use Tarot, I'll simply toss a coin. I'll take the Ace Coins (pentacles) and toss it into the air, putting some spin onto it, If it lands on the table face-up that's a yes. If it lands face-down, that's a no. You could do that with a Fool card easily, too. So in that sense, the Fool is both YES and NO simultaneously, which is very much akin to his psychological meaning.

Awakened Queen

The Fool is the beginning of the journey, where he puts full trust into the Universe as he makes his way through the tarot. It's a yes for me. It's a positive card, full of opportunity and fresh energy.

Nymshi

Depends on the question. And Tarot still doesn't answer yes/no. Rather, I don't believe any single card or position is always a yes or a no. But every card does have an area of expertise that can strongly signify a yes or a no.

For the Fool, that is his fresh unsullied perspective. He doesn't know what he's doing or should be doing. He can't even play by the same rules as everyone else, because he lacks awareness of what those rules even are. As a positive, this makes him unpredictable to the world. As a negative, it makes the world unpredictable to him.

So, lacking context, the Fool tends to answer yes in questions where fresh starts or inexperience are needed. If experience or awareness are needed instead, then the answer tends to be no.