Am I Procrastinating?

Pam O

I know there are quite a few people that have read with the Aquarian over the years, but I just see that wood grain, and I guess it distracts me.

Also, why don't you do some exchanges, maybe the newbie exchange circle, or general exchanges? I am just starting my 4th exchange circle, and so far it has been really cool. You obviously write down your reading in an exchange, and it is amazing what info comes up while I'm writing. I go much deeper when I'm writing, and I really focus on the person I'm reading for. Then getting the feedback is super interesting. And you may just surprise yourself how much intuition you actually are receiving when you do exchanges, and the more you do, the more you get to see the info from a particular card giving you different info for different readings. Also, it is fun pulling the cards the person pulled for me, and I read the cards BEFORE I read what the other person wrote. That way I see where we both see the same thing, or where they saw something I totally missed, etc.

One of my favorite exchange circles so far is the Intuitive Study Group. ISG#78 will start taking sign-ups somewhere around the end of this month I believe. We were just assigned partners today for #77.
Good luck and have fun exploring!

SagiChar

Griz, you made me laugh....I really AM "exercising my ability to write things down" ! I've become an expert at that!!! And, actually, just a few minutes ago, I've scheduled a reading for a parent on our Little League team...I'll be doing the reading tomorrow! So...I AM going to jump in and get going! She asked me if I'd bring my cards, I told her I'm new, and would LOVE for her to be my guinea pig!

SagiChar

Bhavana, I'm not taking any type of course or anything, I'm just self teaching...I've got a few books here and a few websites I refer to (not as of lately though), and have been jotting down my keywords/definitions. When I think I'm done with my journal, I'll start all over with a new one and keep thinking that my notes aren't good enough! I have not watched any videos of people doing readings...that's a great idea! Do you just look up tarot readings at UTube or do you have actual websites that you go to?

And Griz, I actually have looked through a FEW decks here at AT, but just the ones that some people have referred to, I haven't actually went to the decks' section and scoured it....YET!!! Thanks for the advice on that though...I think that's where I will go...because I will definitely need to see images (as I'm sure everyone else does as well when thinking of purchasing a new deck!).

SagiChar

Pam O, I've thought about doing the exchanges, it just seems so intimidating! But, I guess that's what they are there for right? They ARE for newbies right? So, I'd have no huge expectations set on me! I still have trouble coming up with the story line, I pull the cards, refer to my journal for the definitions and have trouble tying the cards together...I usually only do a 4 card spread (PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE, FINAL OUTCOME)....so it shouldn't be too hard...but somehow I still see the cards as separate...

Edit: I really like your idea of pulling the cards that the other person has pulled for you and reading them BEFORE you read what they posted....GREAT IDEA!

Richard

So...LRichard...do you read for other people? If so...you just bring along your book? I so much want to be able to do readings for people without having to depend on my "notes"...but I know that it just takes lots of practice! I was just curious if you DID read for others and if so for how long?
I have been studying Tarot for many, many years, but I seldom read for others, just myself, family, and close friends. When I do read for someone, I am familiar enough with the card meanings to do without anything other than the deck itself. The needed information eventually just gets embedded in the brain somehow.

SagiChar

LRichard, I totally envy you and hope to someday be that affluent! Someday I WILL decide to remove my training wheels I just don't know when yet...

Richard

LRichard, I totally envy you and hope to someday be that affluent! Someday I WILL decide to remove my training wheels I just don't know when yet...
Don't despair. It will just happen automatically sooner or later.

SagiChar

Don't despair. It will just happen automatically sooner or later.
LRichard said:

Being the forever optimist...I will believe you!! Thanks!!

(Sorry I'm new to the BB Code thing...but I'm trying...)

Pam O

Pam O, I've thought about doing the exchanges, it just seems so intimidating! But, I guess that's what they are there for right? They ARE for newbies right? So, I'd have no huge expectations set on me! I still have trouble coming up with the story line, I pull the cards, refer to my journal for the definitions and have trouble tying the cards together...I usually only do a 4 card spread (PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE, FINAL OUTCOME)....so it shouldn't be too hard...but somehow I still see the cards as separate...

Edit: I really like your idea of pulling the cards that the other person has pulled for you and reading them BEFORE you read what they posted....GREAT IDEA!

I know the first time is a bit scary, but everyone in the Newbie Circle is new, or they have a new deck they have not read with yet, and it's totally cool. I'm guessing that once you do it, you will wonder why you waited so long. I know I'm really glad I took the leap to join a Reading Circle. :) Good luck! :thumbsup:

SagiChar

Pam O said:
I know the first time is a bit scary, but everyone in the Newbie Circle is new, or they have a new deck they have not read with yet, and it's totally cool. I'm guessing that once you do it, you will wonder why you waited so long. I know I'm really glad I took the leap to join a Reading Circle.

I actually just signed up for the "Newbie Exchange PM Notifications"...I think I'd like to give it a try...you've coerced me!!! HA!