wheel of fortune as timing

nisaba

The Fish said:
What have people experienced, or think, the wheel fo fortune may represent as 'when' something is going to happen?
Well, in my timing method, none of the Majors give you a definite timing the way the minors do. Instead, they tell you that an event will come about once you have mastered the basic message of the Major that came out, and that it is entirely down to how hard the client works on that issue.

For the Wheel, because it is such a card of ups and downs and repeated reversals, I'd suggest to the client that the timing is entirely up to them (what I say with all Majors), but what they need to manage beforehand is a bit of longer-term stability, since the card promises such instability.

The Fish

You had me LOL there Fostha - it's complicated, hahaha, it would still be a shock if it did turn out to be who the cards are screaming at me it is - due to his circumstances and my feeling about getting invovled with him I totally don't believe it can be, and I'm trying to convince myself it's just a coincidence that the same king has come up for him and someone I have yet to meet, which is totally possible. I would be shocked, and my life would be turned upside down if it was, so it would still fit.

xx

The Fish

That is very interesting nisaba, that would make sense, not for me, I am sick to death of everything being stable and the same day in day out, i am looking to shake things up a bit before I lose my mind, but for the other person invovled that may be spot on. Thanks.

xx

Edit: nisba, I just had a look over my clarifier for the knihgt and it does seem that he is trying to gain control over his emotions at the moment - so yes, that would make sense about him making an appearance when he feels more stable. Cheers. x

Fostha

The Fish said:
I'm trying to convince myself it's just a coincidence that the same king has come up for him and someone I have yet to meet, which is totally possible. I would be shocked, and my life would be turned upside down if it was, so it would still fit.

xx

Ergo...expect an appearance from the tower first then to really shake things up,then when the dust settles after that date,you'll see clearly.(it still fits here ;) )

The Fish

Thanks Fostha, and to everyone else, you have opened my eyes to this situation greatly, and I appreciate your time and knowledge in helping me.

Happy New Year to you all.

xx

Rasa

re-pete-a, I just wanted to say that I really like your timing method!
I like the specific nature of the GD system that rwcarter referred to, but it always seemed like too much to remember, and too complicated because my astrological knowledge is pretty slim.
However, your seasonal system makes good sense to me, so I'll have to try it!

The Wheel card is about randomness to me, so that would be an "it happens when it happens" card, for me. Alternately, I could see it as the whole wheel as the wheel of the year, and see if any particular point on it sticks out to me.

Here is my method for timing, since no one has shared anything similar in this particular thread:

I start turning over one card per day/week/month. I pick which increment of time to work with based on what seems plausible with the question.. for example, if someone asks "when will I hear back from that girl I gave my phone number to yesterday?", I'd use days, or if a young single woman asked when she would get married or have children, I'd use years.
I keep turning over cards, counting one day/week/month/year for each card, until one falls that seems to indicate an answer to the question. (for example, if someone said, when will I fall in love? and the second card that came up was the Ace of cups or the Lovers or something like that, I'd say within 2 months). I generally don't interpret the other cards that come up around it, just the one that indicates the outcome.
If I've drawn several cards, and none of them scream out the outcome to their question, then I would say the timing is not able to be pinpointed, or perhaps the outcome won't quite be the expected one. I might then interpret the cards that did come up to see if they give any clues as to why.

butterfly4868

My first thought when I saw the heading was that it will happen when it happens, it can't be forced.

Ronia

I found out I usually know what the cards say in regards to timing if I only listen to my inner voice. For example, I have asked here what the Devil meant as timing and got very differing responses. Naturally, as everyone has their own system. I don't have a system but in this case my first association was "Capricorn" and I'm almost 100% sure that the event will take place by the end of the sign next year because it was indirectly confirmed in other readings without timing queastions. The same way I got the Ten Of Cups fro "when" recently. To me the cups are fall and the ten is October. That's what I felt, that's what I read. :) So, if your first feeling was that it wasn't to be known - that's it. But if it was "now, it is unfolding already", then I would go with it.

re-pete-a

Generally unless theres a timing position in the spred, timing is a separate question.It's a different shuffle of all the cards.
A one card draw.

This Just popped into mind as an off shoot to the above response.
And, being one that heeds nudges , what popped up is posted for your information.

If a King or a Major shows up it may represent a necessary situation to be in play for the particular outcome to happen.

Which of course would make sense, because it doesn't limit the deck to only minors nor nullify any card called into play.

nisaba

re-pete-a said:
Generally unless theres a timing position in the spred, timing is a separate question.It's a different shuffle of all the cards.
A one card draw.
That's why I recommend having a separate deck on the table, that ONLY does timings. and has only ever done timings. If the deck you use is used to only doing timings, then it resists any impulse to give you messages with it. But if you're using the same deck you used for the main spread and you want a timing on something during the spread before you are finished with it, picking it up, shuffling, pulling a timing card, then searching for the same cards to put out on the table again to complete the reading is going to be a *real* pain.