Just found - Tarot Nusantara

gregory

Manda said:
I believe the word is smote.

As in what I will be if I buy one more deck... but I am betting girl :)
You can't say I have been smote. Even if it is by lightning :D
You can say I smote you. (And I might.) But if you have done it you have smitten.

Pedant alert })

ANYWAY - to return to the topic - does anyone know what the time zone for Indonesia is ?

zephyr_heart

gregory said:
...does anyone know what the time zone for Indonesia is ?
I go to my user CP and checked that It's GMT +7.00 (Bangkok, Hanoi, Jakarta)

gregory

OH - so it will have been way after office hours when I emailed..... Thanks. (Why didn't I think to check on line ! *duh*)

Elven

AJ said:
All I can think when I look at the stick arms are the Olsen twins.
:laugh: not to be disrespectful to the deck ... but the comments a classic - thanks for this mornings giggle :D

nisaba

gregory said:
You can't say I have been smote. Even if it is by lightning :D
You can say I smote you. (And I might.) But if you have done it you have smitten.

Pedant alert })
<kicks aside pretender-pedant>

you have not smitten if it was done to you. You have been smitten. I might smite you tomorrow, but I will have smitten you if I smote you already.

gregory

No but when I was being hit by lighting, courtesy of yirabeth, this was - I didn't feel saying "I will be smitten by a lightning bolt" sounded quite what I intended, like...

I think I can "have smitten" something if I did it to someone. I smite, I smote, I have smitten

But in the passive: I was smitten, I have been smitten. And in today's usage that doesn't carry a swiped round the ears connotation. As I die, I don't expect to be feeling devotion towards the thing that deaded me.

(And as an aside - "I am smitten" doesn't work at all here; you'd have to resort to I am being smitten, I fear.... :( No way I am smitten by the lightning bolt that just smote me.)

But if you have done it you have smitten.
should for clarity have had a comma:

But if you have done it, you have smitten.
as in - if you have done it to something. The lightning bolt will tell its mate it has smitten me....

NOT SO pretend pedant :mad: Just short on punctuation.

ANYWAY - no word yet.

zephyr_heart

The book's cover:
http://transbonja.deviantart.com/art/Cover-The-Real-Art-of-Tarot-134650240

ISBN (13) 978-979-780-356-8

And I think the name of the deck is Tarot Nusantara.

According to wikipedia:

Nusantara is an Indonesian word for the Indonesian archipelago. It is originated from Old Javanese and literally means "archipelago". Particularly in an historic sense, Indonesians often use the term to refer to the archipelago between the Asian and Australian continents, often referred to as the "Malay Archipelago".

The word Nusantara was taken from an oath by Gajah Mada, as written on an old Javanese old manuscript by Negarakertagama.[citation needed] Gajah Mada (d. circa 1364) was a powerful military leader and prime minister (mahapatih) of the Majapahit Empire, credited with bringing the empire to its peak of glory. Gajah Mada delivered an oath called Sumpah Palapa, in which he vowed not to eat any food containing spices until he had conquered all of Nusantara under the glory of Majapahit.

gregory

Indeed - that's what he calls it in his website !

That's how I found the sites that seem to sell it !

zephyr_heart

gregory said:
That's how I found the sites that seem to sell it !

Really? You've found it, which one?

Links, please? Pretty please? I'm rather dull for this kind of stuff...