LoScarabeo Cat deck for 2016-ish

WhiteWolfy

Oh yes, this deck will be going on my wishlist, fabulous artwork!!

rylla

Having only seen the few images here its hard to know if l like it or not. l do like my cats to be cats as in Pagan Tarot. Can just about take Baroque Bohemian Cats dressed like humans but cats with nearly human faces and all dressed up is a bridge to far, it gives me the creeps.
Probably l'm in the minority here, its a clever take though and will no doubt appeal to others.

These were my thoughts as well...cats with human faces and expressions...they are very well done, still don't know...

FLizarraga

There's more samples and WIPs on the artist's FB page. I saw a cat version of... Norma Jean ;), though I forget which card it's supposed to belong to.

Being a big fan of Norma, I looked through the images but couldn't find anything remotely resembling her --not even a whiff of Chanel No. 5, the only thing she wore to bed.... ;)

Do you have a link, Lyn?

blue_fusion

Being a big fan of Norma, I looked through the images but couldn't find anything remotely resembling her --not even a whiff of Chanel No. 5, the only thing she wore to bed.... ;)

Do you have a link, Lyn?

https://m.facebook.com/254247308021...47308021877/714184635361473/?type=3&source=48

Found it. Would have preferred her to be called Meowrilyn Moonroe - but that's just me. The folder the image is in also contains other cards from the deck. :)

I wonder if she'll put Eartha Kitt in one of the cards. :D

AJ

eeoouuuu...I don't like decks whose characters look like real people. I'm crushed.

Thoughtful

l did say in my earlier post that cats with human faces gave me the creeps. Now that l have seen the Monroe cat l will have to definitely avoid this
deck :eek:

FLizarraga

https://m.facebook.com/254247308021...47308021877/714184635361473/?type=3&source=48

Found it. Would have preferred her to be called Meowrilyn Moonroe - but that's just me. The folder the image is in also contains other cards from the deck. :)

Meowrilyn... I love it! :laugh:

Thanks for the link, Lyn! It's a gorgeous image.

eeoouuuu...I don't like decks whose characters look like real people. I'm crushed.

Awwww! :( I know what you mean. For me, however, in a deck like the Touchstone, they are a plus.

l did say in my earlier post that cats with human faces gave me the creeps. Now that l have seen the Monroe cat l will have to definitely avoid this
deck :eek:

The creep factor does not bother me --otherwise I wouldn't be able to deal with my beloved Bohemian Gothic and Medieval cats. (Although it's true that they don't have human faces.) But I see what you mean.

It's very well done, and the decision to keep the paws is a good one, IMHO, but the more I look at the images, the more they push me away. Can't say why.

strings of life

I shouldn't have clicked on this link! I'll be passing on this one...

The beauty of art is that we all react to it in different ways, right?

<holds her Baroque Bohemian Cats' closely >

Dark Victory '39

I admire the artwork, but don't think i'd buy it. I'm more w/ Rylla and Thoughtful on the 'i like my cats to look like cats,' although here they really seem more human or alien feline than anything you would feed or take out litter for. i used to be all the other way-- preferring bb cats fancy-dress, but i've become closer to a friend's 'live-in' cats, and combined w/ my complete adoration of pagan cats, i don't know if there's any going back.