Need suggestions for a deck?

acquario

Hi,

I need some suggestions for a new, or a second Tarot deck. I have been looking through so many decks but I am getting confused and thought I'd ask for for some help instead. There is just such a wide variety.

What I am looking for

I like the imagery of the RW and I am currently using the RW Universal because I think it is a more beautiful deck, softer on the eyes, lol. I would like a deck that is based on the RW. The other thing I am looking for is one with beautiful pictures, sort of fairytale-ish or art nouveau-ish. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!

Ace of Stars

I really like the Cosmic Tarot. It is Rider -Waite-esque but also offers something more in its symbolism. The colours are lovely.

My other favourite Rider-Waite style deck is Tarot of the Magical Forest... which has cute animals instead of people. Beautiful images and colours, and very expressive faces on the critters.

Tarot Illuminati is strongly Rider-Waite based and very lux and gorgeous, too.

ana luisa

TAROT MUCHA !!!! When I bought it, I had no idea it wuld work SO well. The images are soft but the messages have a definite punch. Do have a look at some pics to see if that suits your taste. It is NOT a frilly deck albeit VERY beautiful.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-mucha/

DavidMcCann

I like the imagery of the RW and I am currently using the RW Universal because I think it is a more beautiful deck, softer on the eyes, lol. I would like a deck that is based on the RW. The other thing I am looking for is one with beautiful pictures, sort of fairytale-ish or art nouveau-ish. Any suggestions?

The Robin Wood and the Sacred Isle are both very pretty and stick close to Waite for the minors.
The Wheel of the Year has a fairy-tale feeling: the 5 Pentacles has a sad-looking man (fairy?) sheltering from heavy rain under a mushroom.

Nemia

Tarot Mucha? I don't own it but it's very very Art Nouveau.

The Harmonious Tarot's Walter Crane-style illustrations are beautiful and remind me of fairy-tales. I have this deck as a mini and like it.

reall

Fairy tarot cards by DV and Victorian Fairy tarot are best fairy tarot ever!:))\
also check on fay, shadowscapes and fantasy tarot!^^ XD ;)))

schizandra

Check out the Fenestra Tarot. It matches your specifications perfectly, IMO. Just depends on whether the art style is to your liking. :)

Le Fanu

I really like the Cosmic Tarot. It is Rider -Waite-esque but also offers something more in its symbolism...
That "more" is actually Thoth. The Cosmic is more Thoth than Rider Waite.

Another vote for the Mucha - effortlessly Rider Waite, soft on the eyes, Art Nouveau. I honestly can't think of anything else which fits your specifications. There's the Victorian Romantic, which is fabulous, but maybe hard to find (again). If you fancy something a bit more testing - try the Lo Scarabeo Sorcerers tarot. I like it -not really Rider Waite but definitely Art Nouveau and soft and pastely- Much nicer in the hand than on the screen.

acquario

Oh thank you so much everyone for all these suggestions, I will check all of them before I respond back. And of course, if others have more suggestions please post them. Thank you, I really appreciate all the help :)

Luna's Crone

new deck

Ellis deck sorta, kinda like art nouveau-ish they have it has a $4 app if you want to check it out first. I am getting the Ellis at the end of the month cuz i really liked the app. Got vision quest that way too, although thats a thoth type deck