Need suggestions for a deck?

nisaba

I like the imagery of the RW and I am currently using the RW Universal because I think it is a more beautiful deck, softer on the eyes, lol. I would like a deck that is based on the RW. The other thing I am looking for is one with beautiful pictures, sort of fairytale-ish or art nouveau-ish. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!

You might like either the Fairy Tale deck or the Whimsical deck, both of which are straight-down-the-line RW. And the Whimsical was created by a personal friend of mine, our friendship dating back to the early nineties.

There are both very fairy-taleish, obviously, and both very easy to use.

EmpyreanKnight

You might want to take a look at the Paulina, Joie de Vivre, and Shadowscapes Tarot. The last one comes with an excellent companion book, though you would have to choose the Set.

G6

Hi,

I need some suggestions for a new, or a second Tarot deck. I have been looking through so many decks but I am getting confused and thought I'd ask for for some help instead. There is just such a wide variety.

What I am looking for

I like the imagery of the RW and I am currently using the RW Universal because I think it is a more beautiful deck, softer on the eyes, lol. I would like a deck that is based on the RW. The other thing I am looking for is one with beautiful pictures, sort of fairytale-ish or art nouveau-ish. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance!

Victorian Fairy Tarot

Green Faerie

I am all for the Victorian Fairy Tarot! It is my personal reading deck, and while it is basically RW in structure, the messages and interpretations of the cards are quite different, and the art is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen on a tarot deck. The book is absolutely fantastic.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/victorian-fairy/

I would recommend Googling for images of the deck; the ones on here don't quite do the colors and the detail justice. :)

acquario

Omg thank you all so much for your suggestions, so helpful. I have looked at all the decks you have recommended and I like all of them and have also started considering other types of Tarot decks than what I first wanted.

I haven't actually completely decided yet - getting confused with all the options - and this thread will be useful for me to use as a reference list. As my Rider Waite deck is so worn out it has got difficult to shuffle, I have for now ordered a new and decided to get a Tarot Mucha while I was at it. Very beautiful deck. It will be interesting to start using a different typ of deck and I think that will inspire me to choose a third one.

Thanks again and if you have further suggestions don't hesitate :)

ana luisa

Omg thank you all so much for your suggestions, so helpful. I have looked at all the decks you have recommended and I like all of them and have also started considering other types of Tarot decks than what I first wanted.

I haven't actually completely decided yet - getting confused with all the options - and this thread will be useful for me to use as a reference list. As my Rider Waite deck is so worn out it has got difficult to shuffle, I have for now ordered a new and decided to get a Tarot Mucha while I was at it. Very beautiful deck. It will be interesting to start using a different typ of deck and I think that will inspire me to choose a third one.

Thanks again and if you have further suggestions don't hesitate :)

GREAT choice ! I have been using it A LOT and it is super clear with the answers. And a beauty as well :)

frac_ture

I don't think anyone mentioned the Crystal Visions deck yet? That might give you the "fairytale" vibe you like, while still sticking pretty closely to RWS meanings.

Morwenna

The Whimsical was mentioned; the same artist also has the Hanson-Roberts deck, which is a slightly smaller size (like playing cards), and the images are very Rider-Waite but in her own style. (She's the one who recolored the R-W to be the Universal Waite, BTW.) Some people think it's too cutesy, but I love it, and I've gotten some very pointed readings from it, the soft style notwithstanding.