Favorite Decks

Kat Moon

I have an itch for a new deck.. So .. What are your favorite decks to work with? Why?

Cocobird55

My favorites are Victorian Romantic, Wild Unknown, Tarot Illuminati, Dreaming Way, Mucha.

These are decks that I communicate with best. I think that picking out a deck is a very personal thing. I suggest that you take some time and look at the Tarot Decks on Aeclectic, and see what appeals to you.

RiverRunsDeep

My top favorite deck is the Bohemian Gothic. I love all dark decks in general, and love ghost stories, scary movies, etc... Reading the Bohemian Gothic by candlelight gives me a delicious chill every time.

My second favorite is the Wild Unknown. That deck gives me such clear and obvious readings, it makes me laugh.

I agree with Cocobird, choosing a deck is extremely personal. Some of my favorites are probably someone else's giveaways. Take your time and explore the possibilities...... :)

Kat Moon

Wild Unknown

My favorites are Victorian Romantic, Wild Unknown, Tarot Illuminati, Dreaming Way, Mucha.

These are decks that I communicate with best. I think that picking out a deck is a very personal thing. I suggest that you take some time and look at the Tarot Decks on Aeclectic, and see what appeals to you.

I hear a lot about the Wild Unknown deck. It is just so much more expensive then other decks. Having a hard time justifying the cost. I will look into the others. Thanks

Kat Moon

Dark Decks

My top favorite deck is the Bohemian Gothic. I love all dark decks in general, and love ghost stories, scary movies, etc... Reading the Bohemian Gothic by candlelight gives me a delicious chill every time.

My second favorite is the Wild Unknown. That deck gives me such clear and obvious readings, it makes me laugh.

I agree with Cocobird, choosing a deck is extremely personal. Some of my favorites are probably someone else's giveaways. Take your time and explore the possibilities...... :)

I get what you are saying about taking your time. I am just impatient lol (probably why all the cards I draw lately are about slowing down, taking a rest and so on). There are just so many decks to wade through. Having a hard time finding one that is speaking to me. Thanks for your input I will look into the Bohemian Gothic deck

crystalrose

Bohemian Gothic is one of my faves too! It gives such deep and perceptive readings sometimes. Such a beautiful deck.

My other faves - Joie de Vivre & Silicon Dawn. There was also a time when I exclusively used Tarot of the Secret Twilight, that's a nice one too. Very good for intuitive readings. In general, I tend to like decks that are unusual.

I ordered the Wild Unknown but haven't received it yet. I'm excited to see if I connect with it.

AngelFire

The Tarot of The Egyptians

I believe The Tarot of the Egyptians is one of the very very best because there is great depth to the symbolism of each card and also because of the fact that each card's meaning is given based on astrological planetary correspondence.

For example: The Two of Cups is called Love and is Venus in the sign of Cancer.

Richard

I have an itch for a new deck.. So .. What are your favorite decks to work with? Why?

My favorite deck is the Tarot de Marseille, Pierre Madenié 1709. However, as it is a limited edition and has the fragile square corners, I don't read with it. My usual working decks are the ISIS TdM and the Millennium TdM, but these are not options for anyone who has a dependence on scenic minors.

Finally, a worthy printing of an early RWS is now available: the Smith-Waite Centennial Edition. It has little in common with the usual garish, sloppy Italian printings. My personal favorite is the tinned pocket sized version. There's nothing fashionable about it, such as vampires or Jedi warriors or neo Gothic themes, but it will easily outlast all these passing trends.

lightpers

I agree with Cocobird, but if you are impatience, just get what deck you want!

I have faved Victorian Romantic but as time goes by, i fond of Halloween Tarot Tin, Hanson Roberts, and Ceccoli Tarot ( both mini and standard edition are the same for me <3)

Citrin

This changes all the time for me lol but in the last few weeks I've worked with and enjoyed:

Japaridze Tarot
So unique and artsy AND in my opinion highly readable! ;) It might look scarily unfamiliar at first, but if you really look at the cards 95% of them stay close to the RWS system. I absolutely love the colors in this deck. The guidebook isn't umm necessary though...

Ludy Lescot Tarot
A big favorite of mine during at least a year. It's dark, honest and straight-forward. It does have it's own spin on a couple of cards, like LoScarabeo decks often have. For me it's very intuitive and makes me realize things I wouldn't have seen without this deck.

Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot
Another deck with a unique spin on the cards (but if someone really wants to connect it with traditional RWS I can see how that would be possible actually). Beautiful, dreamy, and again a deck that brings out a lot from my hidden corners. :)

Osho Zen Tarot
I just find this very clear in readings. This is one of those decks that comes with a fantastic guidebook, but where the imagery is so clear and straight-forward you don't actually need to read the guidebook!

Sun and Moon Tarot
One of my go to decks when reading for others. Lovely colors, feels modern and contemporary, and even though it's apparently Thoth-based I (RWS girl all the way lol) read so easily with it. A surpirsingly good LWB also, in my opionion... Quite underrated deck in the tarot community. :)

Wild Unknown Tarot
Ah yes, so hyper and everyone raves over this! But... It IS fantastic lol :) It's beautiful, well thought out, amazing quality... I didn't purchase it for a long time ´cause I thought I wouldn't be able to connect with all the imagery of animals and no humans, but when I got it - No problem! The Strength card is one of my all time favorite Strength cards, I've had difficulty "getting" that card prior to owning this deck. :)