Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

Aura Wolf

Bravo! I like it :D

M-Press

Oh, my!
were was I all week?
Baba, this is SUPERB work!
Not surprised, of course, but still, just stunning!
I think the theme is great, combining the best of a "couple of worlds"...
My faves are the Queen of Swords, and the Knight of Swords. Maybe because it looks really...unique?, a cat with a sword? but then, Swords DO fit the cat's personas...(well, i have my very own opinion about cats-the throw me totally off equilibrium!)

I'm sure it will be a hit!
Good luck!

and i can't wait for the third deck too!!!!
:)

mercenary30

Just what I need.

More decks that I just have to have.....Baba, your work is just so catchey. Your style stands out. You can put me on the pre order list as well....

Lady Eclipse

Hi,

I'm not really up to doing much of a critique of anyone's deck yet but the cards you posted are really cute!

Joy to you,
Maralee

baba-prague

Just to say many thanks for the encouragement. It helps right now as everything seems to be taking SO LOOOOONg. We have had a lot of paperwork this week and things have slowed down - we'd much rather be doing our visual work than filling in forms!

So - good news is that the kind woman with the antique shop simply let us borrow the very beautiful old silk braid we wanted. Can't believe that she could be so generous. She also had a wonderful hand embroidered old silk-on-cotton 1920s wide ribbon that we bought - she was kind and gave us a very good price. She says that now that she has seen the work (which she likes!) she will try to find small, old pieces for us - things too small to use for other people but useable for us. She says sometimes she gets very damaged late 18th century pieces that simply get thrown away - we said we will have them! I really like her. She knows her history so well, and adores needlework. A very nice person indeed.

This means that we now have a new Moon and Two of Swords - both gorgeous costumes. But it will be quite a while yet before we manage to finish them enough to show. But very exciting.

So, M-Press, how can you talk about a THIRD deck? The thought! (actually, we are planning one in a sense, but it isn't really our design, it is in collaboration with a very remarkable elderly artist here - and I'll say no more for now as it will be a long time before it comes out).
Our next "own" project will be a book we have decided. I love doing tarot, but it is very tiring and demanding and I think we need breaks in between. But anyway, can't think much about all that right now.

How is your book coming M-Press? I am looking forward to it AND the deck of course.

Okay - so please be patient for the next cards as it may be a while. But thanks again for all the encouragement. It really makes a difference to us both.

M-Press

Oh baba!
OF COURSE I asked about the third deck, and I KNEW you have thought about it!!!!
But I totally understand the breaks that one needs... looking forward for your book then anyway!
My next project is also a book, and has nothing to do with tarot, or astrology or any of that... that will be my break...
But my tarot book, which I just started, makes me talk less on the phone, and my friends and family (dad especially), get mad, and think i'm an unpolite workaholic who has no phone manners since I make it so short!
On Jan 22nd, my "lucky six" samples of teh Sakki-Sakki deck will be posted on AT, and that's my deadline to open a thread talking about what's happening regarding that here... few more days to go...
I'm melting the ice meantime...

Must say it's fun sharing all these...universal moments of the tarot artist!!!!

firemaiden

HudsonGray said:
I meant 'manly men' like Rednecks with the highest testosterone. It's only a small percentage. Real guys would buy a cat deck too.

Great Firemaiden say: Rednecks don't have highest testosterone, they only think they do.

I'm not a cat fan... but these cards are cute. I would like them to be a little more different from the Tarot of Prague though. I mean, I love the Tarot of Prague, you know, but, I already have it...

lunakasha

Hi Baba!

All I can say is.....WOW!!!! This is SOOOO beautiful, and unique and I KNOW it will be a huge success when it is available for purchase!!! Obviously you have put so much work into this....do you have any approximate idea of when this will be available??? I know these things usually take longer than expected but I am just so anxious to get my hands on these cards!!!

As a lifelong cat-lover and confirmed taroholic, I just want to say THANK YOU for producing such a lovely and thoroughly original cat-themed deck....which there really aren't enough of right now.
I am also pleased that Catdoc is creating another cat deck, which is also wonderful and I plan to get them both ASAP!!!

Thanks and best wishes to you both (Baba Prague and Catdoc)
:) Lunakasha/Karen

lunakasha

OK.....Baba, let me get this straight: you actually dress the cats in these handmade garments and they *allow* you to photograph them???? AMAZING!!! I tried to put those birthday hats, with the elastic going under the chin, on my two cats one time......forget about it! You would have thought I was trying to strangle them the way they protested. Needless to say, I have not a single photo of my cats wearing anything but fur :)

Le_Corsair

firemaiden said:

I'm not a cat fan... but these cards are cute. I would like them to be a little more different from the Tarot of Prague though. I mean, I love the Tarot of Prague, you know, but, I already have it...

"Hey, Mr. Degas, what's with all the ballerinas, huh? I bought one, y' know, and I like it and stuff, but why should I buy another one?"

Bob :THERM