Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

Imagemaker

Chronata, your cards are totally wonderful! And the Devil is perfect as a puppeteer!

I like my cards without borders and DID cut them off my New Palladini. Love the Morgan Greer partly for that reason too.

yve

What an adorable, fun deck! All the world is a stage....

Nevada

The Devil made me do it ...

I love it. :D

Nevada

Chronata

Thanks Nevada, Yve, Mercenery, and Imagemaker!

This really does seem to get easier the more I have completed!
Images and concepts are flowing better, and I feel more creative with each card I get done.

Except for those cards that are giving me trouble, of course!

Sometimes, I get these artist blocks, with how I want the image to look.

I have said that this deck is RWS inspired, but that probably won't be as noticable until I get to the minors.

I have had to make decisions about what symboloism I use most, and what appeals most to me in each card.

I am currently having problems with the Star, because the symbolism that I really like in the card, has been compormised by the image I have painted.
I may need to meditate on this one some more before I finish...

When my Mom asked me the other day by phone what I have gotten done (we are reorganizing the apartment...) I told her that I have not done any furniture moving in the last week...but that I did get a few more tarot cards done...

Her response was..."so all you've done is play?"

Oh yes! :D And so much more than play!

I have decided that for every hour I spend surfing the web, I have to devote an equal number of hours painting tarot cards!

So, hopefully...I will have a few more to show you all soon!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support of this daunting ,but highly rewarding project!

Major Tom

Chronata said:
This really does seem to get easier the more I have completed!
Images and concepts are flowing better, and I feel more creative with each card I get done.

Except for those cards that are giving me trouble, of course!

Sometimes, I get these artist blocks, with how I want the image to look.

I have said that this deck is RWS inspired, but that probably won't be as noticable until I get to the minors.

Chronata, I don't know how I've missed this until now. :|

I love the idea of 78 painting for a deck. It reminds me of the minatures painted for the Visconti decks.

I've also noticed it seems to get easier as you go along - almost as if the cards themselves are helping...

Do you combine any study of the cards with your painting? Study might help you get past some of those blocks....

Majecot

*jumping up and down-clapping hands*

I cannot believe I missed the last two cards.. obviously I have not been surfing enough.

Oh Chronata, your mom just isn't right, "playing" indeed. This is genuis at work, and you can tell her I said so.

This is quickly becoming my favorite deck.
Bet I can get there before you Merc ;) Just a little hop skip and jump...lol

Kirranan

Chronata these cards are beautiful!! They are visually stunning and the meaning behind them strikes easily too. Please keep posting the new ones you do they are absolutely amazing!!! :eek:

Kirranan :)

rota

Chronata, these card designs are completely charming! I'm eagerly awaiting future card paintings, and the eventual deck. It's going to be wonderful.

baba-prague

Okay, I know it's a horrible question but...

when do you think you will have the deck finished? I think it will be a really nice deck to read with you know :)

Chronata

Thanks Kirranan, and rota...and as always, Majecot!

I am just so thrilled that people enjoy my weird, whimsical style!

Major Tom...I have been combining a new study of decks along with this project. I think both really started at the same time, when I discovered this wonderful site!

Right now, I have 4 decks that I refer back to, to inspire this project...The RWS, Hanson Roberts, Buckland Romani, and Morgan Greer...(and sunconciously, the 1JJ Swiss) though I am not sure that the inspiration is readily apparent!

baba- prague...that is a horrible question! :)
Seriously though...I gave myself a couple of deadlines...to finish the Majors by my birthday, which is early June...and to hopefully have all the paintings done by the end of the year!

And then I have to figure out what to do then...whether self publish, or try and find a publisher. ...Something that already stresses me out!

I am working on two cards at the moment, and hope to have them done and up here bythe end of the week!