Thoth Tarot

theEnigma

Sounds intriguing....

Thoughtful

I am rather tempted to see how the tarot has been produced, and what the card stock is like. At £14.99 it's not a huge outlay, may just go on the pre-order.

FLizarraga

I saw it earlier today on Book Depository, while I was looking for the gold box Urania Thoth (mentioned in another thread).

theEnigma

I found the listing on Amazon, and it appears from the reviews that this edition does not have 3 Magnus cards (just the two extra cards) and is smaller than a playing card deck with poor printing. I think I will pass.
Thanks for the heads up though as I haven't seen this listed before!

Thoughtful

I found the listing on Amazon, and it appears from the reviews that this edition does not have 3 Magnus cards (just the two extra cards) and is smaller than a playing card deck with poor printing. I think I will pass.
Thanks for the heads up though as I haven't seen this listed before!

Now that's a mystery because on the Uk Amazon blurb it definitely says with 3 Magus cards, hmm. l would think the two extra cards that you see mentioned are the two extra Magus cards. l still think it's a good deal as it includes a book. l want a spare deck to keep handy so l will order it, am curious anyway.

ETA: Thought l would read reviews on Amazon USA as they seem to have had the deck earlier. What l read was disappointing. You were right enigma :thumbsup: Glad l checked first.

Barleywine

I'm wary of people who claim to be putting out an "ultimate" anything (their "ultimate" RWS and Thoth books, which were roundly criticized here), so I would be skeptical on that basis alone. Nearly all of the few US Amazon reviews were one and two stars, mainly for the size, the cardstock quality and the misleading advertising (although I think some people may have been making assumptions). Besides, I don't even like the two extra Magus cards; there's a reason they didn't make the original cut, and, according to the first edition with them included, they were just a bonus, never intended to be used as extra cards in readings.

Thoughtful

Well at least this thread is a good warning for others who may have been tempted like me :thumbsup: